Old 06-01-2011, 05:11 AM
iPad

Default Let's Jump! - (by 'No Monkeys' / Chillingo) - Universal App

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 06-02-2011 at 02:56 AM..
Old 06-01-2011, 05:16 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Erm don't know what too say to be fair apart from screenshots look terrible
Old 06-01-2011, 05:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Looks a bit too much (Kiddyish) for me.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:07 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Surprised this is a Chillingo game.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:46 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Everything that's been said in this topic is correct. The screenshots were bad enough and now the video makes everything even worse.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:56 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Agreed video makes it ten times worse what were Chillingo thinking about
Old 06-01-2011, 07:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Ok these are my impressions.

-The game is by the looks of it a clone of Doodle Jump. It is Chillingo's attempt to create a Doodle Jump. But they have failed Miserably.

-The game is sooooooo kiddy, This is confirmed by the "Lets Jump" which kids are shouting. This would make the game for kids by the age of 5-6. Now i know there are 5-6 year olds out there that have IPod's and probably some of them are reading this now whilst pretending to be a 22year old gamer. But i have a 6 year old cousin and even i know that they would not get this game in a million years.

- The graphics as stated before and shown in the screenshots are very, How should i say this? ummmm.......... Babyish? I know what they have tried to do by making it colorful and exciting but they again have failed.

- The characters even look like some overweight Barnie that has been made into a balloon that they have tried to attract kids with. Is there any Big head Elmo's or Anorexic Cookie Monsters?

Ok so this game is for kids and if you are a kid that does not know what is an actual game then sure this game is for you. But for 99% of IOS users no 99.99% of IOS users this game is not for you.

I don't know what Chillingo where trying to do here (Yes i know that Chillingo publish the games but they decide how the game goes and who it is to attract) But if i was the game developer i would have chose something cooler. Maybe some Killer Robots or something?

Sorry if anyone is offended by this but these are my personal opinions of this game.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:23 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Oh joy another doodle jump style game. Just what everyone's been waiting for. Please note the sarcasm
Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Oh joy another doodle jump style game. Just what everyone's been waiting for. Please note the sarcasm
Did you note all mine?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:48 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Went ahead and picked this up since I own most of the other jump games.

First off, this game will be a pass for most people here because after playing several times this game has to be designed for kids or parents/kids. Everything in this game from the art style, sounds and corny confetti celebrations has young kids written all over it.

Three control methods are available and one of them works, tilt. The other two are touch and touch reverse. I found the touch (swipe) controls to be sluggish and cramped as you only have a small amount of space at the bottom to swipe.

The game itself is just your run of the mill jumping game and a pretty average one at that. However, the game does have a couple of small bright spots. There are unlockables, so far just scenery but I like unlockables.

There is also a pass and play mode and I am not aware of another jumping game that offers this. In the pass and play mode, there is a finish line and player one plays until they reach it and that time is saved. Player two then takes a turn trying to get to the finish line quicker, this player will also have the ghost of player one. I found this mode to be fun and a nice addition but the ghost is a little distracting and IMO puts player two at a disadvantage.

I have six kids, two of them will enjoy this, so for .99 it is a good deal. Most people should pass on this.