★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: DR Studios
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 12.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The popular iOS game Bug Wings is now available for the first time on the Mac, only from the App Store.

Take to the skies above the Great Pond and glide your bug to victory in this action packed arcade adventure. Help our Bug friends find the missing pollen and land safely on the flowers and lily pads, while avoiding the wet stuff. Score big points by collecting as much pollen as you can while aiming for the stars in order to multiply your landing tally.

Unlock new levels and bonuses as you progress and then return to previous levels to try and beat your high scores. Bug Wings is a game that can be played again and again...

Enjoy both the single player story mode as well as the multiplayer mode for up to 4 players. Challenge your family and friends to compete for the highest score.

30 exciting levels across 5 unique Ponds, with more coming soon
Simple, intuitive touch & tilt game controls
Solo or Party modes with up to 4 players
Rich, colourful game world and lovable characters
Hundreds of points, stars and power-ups to collect
Addictively fun game play and scoring
Risky flying rewarded with high scores

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

06-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Video Please!!!!!

06-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Reminds me of Bugdom.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
06-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Bump!

I think everyone's too focused on X-Men (and deserves it all!) but I read an article about this game last week which had me hooked:

iOS title Bug Wings looks like PilotWings and Monkey Target

If this is anything like Pilotwings, it would be fantastic. Wondering if anyone is up for TOFTT on this?

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs
06-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
Bump!

I think everyone's too focused on X-Men (and deserves it all!) but I read an article about this game last week which had me hooked:

iOS title Bug Wings looks like PilotWings and Monkey Target

If this is anything like Pilotwings, it would be fantastic. Wondering if anyone is up for TOFTT on this?
Why don't you TOFTT, let us know how it is!
06-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxethang View Post
Why don't you TOFTT, let us know how it is!

Because I spent the last of my store credit on X-Men and DaWindci universal

Will be buying another card later today.

06-01-2011, 11:49 PM
You're best bet is just wait for others then!
06-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Picked this up and it is okay, I haven't played enough to really know yet.

If you have played the monkey flight mode mini game in Super Monkey Ball, then you will understand how this game plays.

There is a story mode and a three star level system in place. There is also a party mode, which is pass and play for up to four players. The party mode looks like it goes through six levels keeping each players scores throughout.

Touch controls are supported but I don't think they work very well, the tilt controls work well. You basically pull back on the catapult and launch your bug, tap the screen to open the wings, tap to close the wings and drop to the landing area. There are various things to collect that you must tilt your way to if you want to maximize your score.

Presentation is nice and the overall art is decent but the person that put the music together for this should be beaten.

I would recommend waiting for a lite or more impressions prior to buying.
06-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Presentation is nice and the overall art is decent but the person that put the music together for this should be beaten.
That bad huh?
06-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks BT.

I've been looking for a Pilotwings-type game for a while which puts emphasis on taking off and landing... accuracy, wind speed, etc - sort of like a 3-D version of the Moon Lander games, you could say. I long to see a huge bullseye painted on the ground as I try and navigate towards it.

While that isn't the case here in Bug Wings, is the landing mechanism a gimmick, or does it take a bit of skill to pull off?