★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NaturalMotion
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 21.3 MB
  • Version: 1.02
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: * Out now: NFL Rivals. Download it on the App Store! *

* Amazing new lighting and shadow effects on the players, previously only possible on consoles (iPad 2 version) *

The million-selling Backbreaker Football is back with a vengeance - and this time YOU tackle - in glorious HD! Backbreaker 2 HD raises the bar for graphics, physical animation and pure fun. You spoke, we listened: tackling, trucking, jumping its all here! Take down the ball carrier in Vengeance Mode, or fight your way to the endzone in the classic Tackle Alley mode. Whatever you do - this is the best Backbreaker yet, so enjoy the ride!

148 APPS
"You'll absolutely LOVE Backbreaker 2!"

"The graphics are sensational! A great follow-up!"

Follow us on Twitter (@NMGames)

Get the latest news on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/naturalmotiongames)

Backbreaker 2 HD is fully optimized for the iPad's native resolution, giving a stunning view of the player, field and environment.
* iPad 2 users benefit from awesome self-shadowing effects on the player, previously only possible in next-gen console games! *

The all-new Vengeance Mode turns the tables: now YOU tackle! Can you take down that ball carrier?

As well as the existing spin and juke moves, you can now jump and truck. Its a whole new game!

Really rub your opponents noses in it with new multi-touch super showboat! Youll bag more points, but your player will slow down. What will you risk?

Its not going to be easy to get into the endzone. Obstacles and obstructions, such as hurdles and truck gates, are there to make your life that little bit more... challenging.

Fans of the classic action of the original game wont be disappointed. Get ready for 100 new waves spread across Tackle Alley and Vengeance mode this time with a few extra twists!

Two all-new stadiums have been added, including for the first time the breathtaking day-time San Francisco stadium from Backbreaker on Xbox 360 & PlayStation3.

Backbreaker 2 HD features console-quality lighting and full iPad display resolution. And just like the original Backbreaker Football, the action is powered by NaturalMotions Morpheme and Endorphin animation technologies now even smoother and more physical!

Backbreaker 2 HD is fully Game Center enabled, for comprehensive leaderboards and direct friend comparisons. Go beat their score!

Also check out Icebreaker, Backbreaker 2, Backbreaker, Jenga and Jenga HD! - Out now on the App Store!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

06-01-2011, 05:24 AM
So the iPhone gets Icebreaker Hockey while the iPad gets Backbreaker 2... after all this time?

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs

06-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
So the iPhone gets Icebreaker Hockey while the iPad gets Backbreaker 2... after all this time?

And they still have the nerve to charge three times the iPhone price for it. Amazing really.
06-01-2011, 06:18 PM
I JUST finished downloading it and it got an update when i went back on the store with enhaced iPad 2 graphical effects, or something like that...

Wait, no, it's an endless update loop, as soon as i update, it tells me there's another update...

Last edited by Eng; 06-01-2011 at 06:32 PM.
06-01-2011, 06:23 PM
So is the hockey not coming to the iPad tonight?

I mean the Stanley Cup is currently going on, football has been over for months.
06-02-2011, 02:56 AM
I got the iPhone version and really enjoyed.

Not sure if I want to buy again just for the iPad version - i know it says enhanced graphics for iPad 2 but is it THAT much better?

Looking out for reviews.
06-03-2011, 01:38 PM
My biggest complaint in the original Backbreaker was how all of the challenges were comepltely scripted without any sort of randomization. Do they mix anything up in this one if only having the runner in Vengeance Mode start in slightly different locations each play of a level?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews