★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Backflip Studios
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 15.9 MB
  • Version: 1.7.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: STRIKE KNIGHT HD is now available on the iPad for FREE with beautiful high resolution graphics!!! The immensely popular STRIKE KNIGHT game from Backflip Studios, which was downloaded over 8,000,000 times, is now available on the iPad.

STRIKE KNIGHT HD is the next great free and highly addictive game from Backflip Studios, makers of the popular PAPER TOSS HD and NINJUMP HD. Please enjoy this timing based arcade bowling game with great caution, as it is completely and totally absorbing. Hours will be lost, work neglected and friends upset at the amount of time you spend with STRIKE KNIGHT HD.

STRIKE KNIGHT HD is a puck bowling game of timing and skill where your goal is to play well enough to avoid the constant heckling of the knight himself. Fear not young squire, for you have it in you to play through the taunts of the STRIKE KNIGHT HD.

The scoring system is slightly different from traditional bowling, it is based on your ability to time your shots in conjunction with your ability to pick up spares and strikes. If you love flinging a puck at stuff, cool sounds, intense animations, timing based challenges and the outright admiration of your friends and family, then you will love this game. Please enjoy!

STRIKE KNIGHT HD includes:
New stunning HD graphics
Improved puck bowling physics
Insanely cool knight animations
Pass-and-play mode for up to 4 players
Real heckling from knight and other patrons
Bowling sounds
Dimly lit tavern scenario
Timing based flash bar
Real lightning sounds and effects
Game Center integration
Awe inspiring voiceovers
Infinite replayability

We at Backflip Studios love making games and we appreciate that you play them with passion. We have seen more than 100,000,000 downloads of our games by loyal fans like you. Please continue to send us valuable feedback.

Try out our other games: ARMY OF DARKNESS DEFENSE, NINJUMP DELUXE, PAPER TOSS, RAGDOLL BLASTER 2 and GRAFFITI BALL.

If you want to learn more about upcoming Backflip launches please follow us on Twitter: @backflipstudios

Thank you for playing!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

06-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Is this FREE no ADs? I would rather pay .99 cents than having ads on the game.

06-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenzhen View Post
Is this FREE no ADs? I would rather pay .99 cents than having ads on the game.
the original for iPhone was free with a .99 IAP to remove the ads. Will probably be the same with this version.
06-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the lion View Post
the original for iPhone was free with a .99 IAP to remove the ads. Will probably be the same with this version.
Is IAP recoverable? Like you still be able to repurchase it without paying again? I've been hearing about negative feedback about IAP. I would rather buy it in full price than IAP...
06-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Hey all! Jables here from Backflip Studios. Just wanted to field some of these questions for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the lion View Post
That's correct! The game is free and features a $0.99 In App Purchase that allows you to remove ads if you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenzhen View Post
Is IAP recoverable? Like you still be able to repurchase it without paying again? I've been hearing about negative feedback about IAP. I would rather buy it in full price than IAP...
That's a great question! The short answer is yes, IAP is recoverable. If you ever do delete the App and later re-download it, you'll notice that ads appear once again. But if you simply go to purchase the ad removal IAP again, iTunes will inform you that you've previously purchased the content and it will be downloaded again for free (the same as if you deleted a paid app and tried to re-download it later).

Hope that answers your question and we hope you're enjoying the game!

Justin Sicking - Game Designer at Backflip Studios
http://www.backflipstudios.com/
Follow us on Twitter
Game Center ID: Jablestein

Last edited by Jables; 06-02-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: additional info.
06-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Does the IAP from the iPhone version carry over to the IAP from the iPad version, though? They are separate games, so I would have assumed it didn't. Does it?

I think this game is decent fun for free. I played it for a bit on my iPhone, so downloaded this one for my iPad 2 now that's it out. It's decent fun. Nothing great, but a nice diversion for free. I don't have any plan to buy the ad-free unlock, though. It's not worth 99 cents to me. I'll live with the ads.
06-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Does the IAP from the iPhone version carry over to the IAP from the iPad version, though? They are separate games, so I would have assumed it didn't. Does it?
Your assumption is correct. They are separate titles and the IAP purchase from the iPhone does not carry over to the iPad. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the game!

Justin Sicking - Game Designer at Backflip Studios
http://www.backflipstudios.com/
Follow us on Twitter
Game Center ID: Jablestein