★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SATLadder app

06-01-2011, 07:37 AM
SATLadder app

Hello all,

This past week, we released a new game for the iPhone called SATLadder. The primary function of the game is to provide high schoolers with a fun way to prepare for the SAT.

But, through our testing phase and from early reports since the release we've found that people of all ages (high schoolers, college grads, parents etc) have enjoyed the challenge of trying to out compete their opponent in the head-to-head format of the game. Do you still have what it takes to dominate the SAT? How high can you climb?

SATLadder can be found on the app store - search "SATLadder" and the Lite Version is free. To play head-to-head you must upgrade to the Full Version.

For more information on the app, please feel free to check out the website for the app www.SATLadder.com.

-The Learning Edge
06-01-2011, 07:40 AM

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

06-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Looking at your leaderboards seems there are only 17 users?. How can you say that people of all ages love your game when you have 17 users?

App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
06-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Triggywiggy,

You are correct there are currently only 17 users ranked on the Ladder and an additional 10 unranked full-version users who have not yet won a match. But 1/3 of the full version users are non-high school students.

The reason I can say that users of all ages love the game is that we did 5 months of testing during the development stage of the app prior to release and it was equally well-received by post-college users as it was by high school users. In addition, there are currently over 100 Lite Version users and as you can see from the reviews it's been very well received.

Ultimately, you are correct, the Ladder is not as active now as it will be a few weeks from now, so I understand you might want to reserve your judgment on how well-received the game is. I think that is a legit stance to take.

Ultimately though, I think this game provides a fantastic new resource for high schoolers, who are the main target audience. It provides them with a fun way to attack something that they might not otherwise want to deal with and is a different format than any of the other SAT prep apps on the market.

Thanks for you two cents and if you try the Lite Version please do let me know what you think

~Learning Edge
06-01-2011, 08:07 AM
so 27 users? isnt that a bit low? Where is the competition?

and 100 Lite users.

06-01-2011, 08:09 AM
The competition is coming It's only been out there for a very short time - you can sharpen your skills and wits in SOLO MODE until you think there are enough Full Version users to make it worth your $4
06-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm not even in high school anymore and I still find this to be quite fun just to challenge myself and see how well I can do. My only concern which I hope you guys can answer for me is repeat questions and what is going to be done to prevent repeat questions.

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/jdqipedeiw Ascension: Chronicles of the Godslayer Tournament
06-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Hobbit,

The app is coded such that a user will never see the same question a second time. All questions you see will show up on your profile page on the SATLadder website and you can review them if you like but once you see that particular question you won't see it again while playing the app. This is true in both SOLO and HEAD-TO-HEAD mode.

For example, let's say you did the questions from round 350 in a previous head-to-head match you played against T-bone. If you face The Great Gonzo in your next match and she has never encountered that round before, those questions will not be available to be pulled from the server because YOU have already seen them before even though SHE has not.

Two users will always face fresh questions when they face off head-to-head.

~The Learning Edge
06-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks for responding. I assume then that new questions are constantly being added with that kind of coding system in place. Like I said this is definatley fun to challenge myself with. Great work on this one. It is stable and definatley fun to play.

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/jdqipedeiw Ascension: Chronicles of the Godslayer Tournament
06-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Hobbit,

Exactly, we are adding new questions each day to keep up with the demand. Between SOLO and HEAD TO HEAD there are enough questions to keep you busy for a good while right now

Thanks for the kind words - much appreciated!