Support our Sponsors:

Old 09-16-2014, 05:43 AM

Default Losing memory on my iPad 2

Everytime i play any game or app, ive noticed that im losing memory...about 2-5 megs at a time.

Once i uninstalled a game which was 286 megs and within 3 days i had 0 bytes and i hadnt downloaded anything in that time, just played other games...where did that memory go?

Can some games and apps drain your memory?
Old 09-16-2014, 05:46 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Savegames or especially cached files could be the reason for this.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:48 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Facebook/twitter can use a lot of memory.

Go to settings/General/Usage/show all apps and click on some of the apps, eg facebook. Then you'll see how much extra documents&date are used

I've got dropbox, the apps only about 40 meg but its currently 230 meg as it has 190 meg worth of documents/data (so i have to clear that cache via the app)

Facebook is currently 160 meg for me, 54 of that is documents&data, for facebook i tend to delete the app then reinstall, then it'll go back to its original size.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:49 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Are The Document And data of ou're games ,Apps you can see clear under "Setting/usage/ as already mentioned And here you have a list of all games/Apps on you're iPad,you can see every Document And data from here..normaly save for games Are 10Mb And up,but i've some games like BIOSHOCK that eat me up 300Mb for 2 saves..crazy,never happen with other games..then premium games have less data than F2P or FREEMIUM.that take huge data,and social network like Facebook or TWITTER for example,if you use them a lot,i've got a MAX of 900mb for FB only some years ago,but you can delete them,then reinstall,AND you got free space(only social)without lose nothing,but only with social networks Apps..
Old 09-16-2014, 07:00 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I had a similar problem and it was Tunein radio that hogged my memory, it held space for podcasts I was streaming I think, like others have said, face book and social networks can do this too, also if you use the native email app that can hog your memory as it dloads emails to your device, I just use a browser now and save so much space as a result. Try having a look at your usage under general and check any documents and data of any unusual sized apps.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I deleted Twitter as the file size kept going up and up.

Now user 'twitteriffic' and the filesize for that seems pretty standard and hardly increases.

Facebook i'll probably give up on soon, i just email friends/family
Old 09-16-2014, 07:59 AM

wow! Thanks for the quick and helpful advise guys. I've deleted Twitter and Facebook to see if those are the reason for the memory drain.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:07 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I deleted Twitter as the file size kept going up and up.

Now user 'twitteriffic' and the filesize for that seems pretty standard and hardly increases.

Facebook i'll probably give up on soon, i just email friends/family
You can deleted TWITTER/FACEBOOK Apps after they eat too much space,then reinstalling,do in This way you free some space,And delete them again when The size for you It's too much,It's The best way since you don't lose nothing..i do This trick every year,but,This can be apply only to SN,normal Apps And games you lose all data if aren't ICLOUD enable,or if you don't do regular backup with iTunes...
Old 09-16-2014, 09:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

I do that a bit with facebook, fed up with twitter hogging space so thats why i started using that other app i mentioned as that doesnt hog the space like twitter does.

Its ridiculous theres no 'clear cache' button for either the app or in the usage list specially when it gets quite large. The only way to do it is to delete/re-install which seems a bit odd.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:16 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Instead of using the Facebook app just use Facebook.com.