Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 02-12-2012, 05:29 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Phoenix... I was trapped in a leaderboard buy for 99cents!!!! Exited via home button and deleted this rubbish. If you want money charge for the game, don't say free then force sales. Leaves a bad taste in cusomters mouths. I didn't get any time to really test icade on it before being forced to pay for leader board. Its tacky pass on this.

Get mini motor !!!! And dyna stunts.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:06 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojoyinc View Post
Phoenix... I was trapped in a leaderboard buy for 99cents!!!! Exited via home button and deleted this rubbish. If you want money charge for the game, don't say free then force sales...
Personally I prefer to have a single free game with IAP over having separate free and full versions in the App store. They offer a respectable amount of content for free and the one time unlocks are resonable. It gives you a fun experience for free and an incentive to pay a few dollars to the dev if you really like it.
I seen far worse "nickel and dime" content from other freemium apps.

This game really makes me want an iCade treatment for DariusBurst.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:47 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Looked up darius as i could blutrol it... But i've been burned on to many pricey games i ended up deleting. Soul calibur ended up being worth it, but the price seems too high for a no brainer cave shooter. Needs to be 4.99 at best. When i got my ipad top games were 4.99 great ones were only 1.99. These recent rates are ridiculous... If we don't pay it they'll come down.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:16 AM
iPad

Default Bought a game didnt work

I bought da air attack game so i can play it on da icade & it dont work.. Does n e one kno y? I thought i would play da icade alot but it just sits der.. Does n e 1 if street fighter2 is compatible.. I need help
Old 02-13-2012, 01:57 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Air Attack Hd

For the game to work with the Icade, you have to select Bluetooth / joypad in the controls options.
To play street fighter 2 on the icade you will need Imame. This may mean you will have to jailbreak your device as the Imame app got pulled from the app store because of it being an unofficial emulator and install having to install ROMs onto your device.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:50 AM
iPhone (Original)

Send a message via MSN to Selachii Send a message via Skype™ to Selachii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojoyinc View Post
Phoenix... I was trapped in a leaderboard buy for 99cents!!!! Exited via home button and deleted this rubbish. If you want money charge for the game, don't say free then force sales. Leaves a bad taste in cusomters mouths. I didn't get any time to really test icade on it before being forced to pay for leader board. Its tacky pass on this.
I'm sorry that you experienced it this way. I would like to clarify though, that you are not 'trapped' to make a purchase. The game is free to play forever if you are happy with the initial ship and don't want to participate on the online Leaderboards. We do show a popup asking if you want to purchase the leaderboards, because we want to make very clear that no high scores are submitted otherwise!

@err404: Nice, that's actually how I feel about it as well. These type of freemium models are the future for small indie studios like us. We simply can't ask $4 from the get-go because people generally don't want to pay to unknown developers.

@Thescore_59, @kevlar x: Glad you like it!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Just popping in to say that Phoenix HD is easily one of the best iOS shmups, and definitely the most beautiful one

The freemium model lets new users try the app before plopping down the $0.99 for access to leaderboards (very unique region-based leaderboard btw) and more ships which add a huge chunk of replay value to the game.

Check the leaderboards out here.
www.firigames.com/phoenix/leaderboards

The game also features location based high-score achievements, like top in the city/state/country.

Last edited by sapphire_neo; 02-13-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Old 02-13-2012, 11:11 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

The iCade 8-bitty looks promising (http://toucharcade.com/2012/02/13/th...icade-8-bitty/). It looks, though, like it will have button mapping issues just like the iControlPad, due to the button layout (start and select buttons will probably end up as game buttons in some games). Also the square layout of buttons, instead of diamond, is a bit unusual for a game pad. Hopefully it doesn't feel weird. The price sure is right.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
The iCade 8-bitty looks promising (http://toucharcade.com/2012/02/13/th...icade-8-bitty/). It looks, though, like it will have button mapping issues just like the iControlPad, due to the button layout (start and select buttons will probably end up as game buttons in some games). Also the square layout of buttons, instead of diamond, is a bit unusual for a game pad. Hopefully it doesn't feel weird. The price sure is right.
Wow - sure is cheap. Can't see anyone with an iphone/itouch wanting one when its yet another controller that needs the device stood up, and iphone/itouch is too small for that. Only icontrolpad and gametel with clamps for phones so they are still handheld make sense, but maybe those with an ipad and no love for the tabletop icade could be interested.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:44 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

You can remove iron fist from the list .
We cancelled the icade version for now.
It would be too much work and we are too busy with brotherhood of vengeance And 2 other unannounced project.

Meanwhile, this link show you a 6 month old version of bov running on the icade

http://m.youtube.com/index?client=mv...?v=8bFtqV5Q7qs

The game is schedule to be released some time this year