Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-08-2013, 02:48 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
How does connecting via HDMI differ from Airplay (I have an Apple TV 2)? Also, anyone know if an iPad mini iCade is in the works?
How i think it is is that airplay is its own standard so it is full screen on the tv, seems to be a different resolution to ipad retina (lower), and you can use the ipad as a joystick the screen doesn't show the game at all.

Hdmi, video out, apple tv all support airplay. Mirroring is totally different, and that is where hdmi beats apple tv cause there is no lag or hitches.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

@ adams immersive

Wow, if icade works with hdmi, I gotta do some serious research into it cause I only play on my tv nowadays. Gonna give it a serious look.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:55 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
@ adams immersive

Wow, if icade works with hdmi, I gotta do some serious research into it cause I only play on my tv nowadays. Gonna give it a serious look.
And if you get the Core version, the cabinet won't get in the way, but you'll still get full arcade controls. The 8-bitty would be another choice if a gamepad is all u need. Less compatible though.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:11 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Pocket BMX

Hey everyone,

We've just released an update to Pocket BMX that includes iCade support!! We've also included different button configurations for iControlPad and other game pad style controllers. It's a big update with plenty of new features, so check it out.

Also, we're having a 50% off sale for the new years 2013. So grab it while it's cheap .
Old 01-08-2013, 07:14 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams Immersive View Post
Jailbreak comes into play only when people want to add iCade support to games where the developer didn't build in iCade support.
... Or if you want play games supporting iCade out of App Store (for example iMAME and emulators), right?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:09 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Guys a bit help. I just got my iCade Jr, but I seem to be unable to get Shogun to work with it. I went to option to check the option for iCade support... unless it supports only the regular iCade.

Edit: Just looked at the official site compatiblity... nevermind :<

Last edited by RayLancer; 01-08-2013 at 10:15 PM..
Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 AM

Pocket BMX looks promising--thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
How does connecting via HDMI differ from Airplay (I have an Apple TV 2)? Also, anyone know if an iPad mini iCade is in the works?
You can try your favorite games now if you have an AppleTV, and see what you think. I forget how you enable Airplay mirroring, but it's simple. The picture froze up on my when I tried it, every few minutes, but this was on a very crowded WiFi network I suspect. On a clear, fast network I don't think that would happen. There will be a perpetual slight delay, which some people may notice. I didn't, but maybe I would have in time? Depends on the game.

I don't think anything has been heard about a mini-sized iCade, but I wouldn't want it anyway, I don't think: the controls would have to be smaller. The great thing about iCade is the big real-arcade controls.

Regular iCade would work with the mini: the slot would accommodate just about any tablet (I even stick my iPhone in it sometimes, silly though it may look).

Better yet: iCade Core. The mini wouldn't look so odd, without the big cabinet to dwarf it.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:27 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Greyskull, for gaming and mirroring, get hdmi, it's much better performance wise than apple tv mirroring.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams Immersive View Post
I even stick my iPhone in it sometimes, silly though it may look
Does iPhone work as well as iPad with all games?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:54 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

The iCade I bought as a gift for my brother in law has finally arrived, I've assembled it and tried it out.

It's as cool as I hoped, except the build quality outside the inputs area, basically the actual cabinet, isn't actually all that great. Mostly the side parts, it's like condensed paper or something, I got some marks on it while screwing things in and a little bit of damage where the top lid fits in the side piece with the metal bits. Thankfully it's not at all visible in regular use from any angle and it's not something you'd constantly move up and down to risk making it worse but yeah, be more careful than I was when you assemble yours, do not force anything in even when it seems that you should.

Other than that, it's also definitely as loud as people say, but playing Metal Slug 3, Raiden Legacy and even Pac-Man is pure awesome. It's very responsive and feels good. The buttons are perhaps a tiny bit stiff but maybe they'll normalize with use.

I also got a scare with the darn thing not working at all with my brother in law's iPad2 even though it worked perfectly fine with mine, after like an hour I discovered that I had to go back to a typing screen with the iCade off and switch the language back to English with that globe icon for the inputs to be recognized in games. I had reached the point where I was going to leave my own iPad 2 with them until I could discover the cause but thankfully that wasn't necessary in the end.

Now I'm just waiting for iOS 6.x to be Jailbroken so that we can use it with iMAME games and also get blutrol since official support is still not widespread enough and many games perfect for it don't support it (hello Crazy Taxi, Metal Slug 1, etc).

Last edited by Alextended; 01-12-2013 at 06:56 AM..