★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chris Egerter
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 76.2 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Inspired by Left 4 Dead and Alive 4-Ever, Zombies HD is the ultimate mobile first person zombie shooter, with the most advanced graphics engine on a mobile device to date! For more games visit www.RockingPocketGames.com

#1 iPad Adventure Game!! (Sept 13, 2011)

Designed to push the iPad to it's limits, this game features per pixel dynamic lighting and shadows like you see on console games! The game is also playable on iPad 1 if you disable the effects in the options menu.

FEATURES:
- Use cash to upgrade your speed and other capabilities
- Variety of guns, all upgradeable
- 3 scenes each with 25 increasingly difficult missions
- Unique types of zombies: Crawlers, walkers, runners, tanks, poppers, jumpers, jumping tanks, and even pygmy zombies.
- Leaderboards and achievements using Game Center
- Realtime shadows
- Normal mapping, detail mapping, parallax mapping
- Freedom to move anywhere in the 3D environment
- 3D Audio (best played with headphones)
- 7 spooky and exciting background music tracks

CONTROLS:
- Analog stick to move,hold and drag in lower right to aim and shoot at the same time. Swipe anywhere else to rotate camera.
OR
Use the gyroscope to aim if your device supports that!

Send suggestions to: support@rockingpocketgames.com

RPGGuy's comments:
Zombies The Last Stand has been ported to iPad/iPad 2 and renamed to simply Zombies

Some features:
- Upgradeable weapons
- 3 scenes with 25 waves each
- Realtime full scene shadow mapping
- Dynamic lights
- Parallax mapping (displacement mapping per pixel)
- Progressively harder levels with different kinds of zombies, including jumpers, tanks, poppers, pigmy, and ghost zombies

Here are some very large screens. A video is coming soon....

06-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Technical demo video:

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)

06-01-2011, 06:33 PM
I found the iPhone version to be fun but rough around the edges, might give this a look.
06-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Well this looks very nice!!!!!!!!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
06-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Looks real nice. Wish the gun models and blood effects looked better though.

Beta Tester for: iBlastMoki 2, Deadlock, Aralon: Sword & Shadow HD
Gameloft: Pacificsun81
Gamecenter: Pacificsun81
06-09-2011, 04:05 PM
The game is now available here.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
06-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Purchased. Will post impressions soon. I bought it mainly because you really aspired to push the iPad 2, for that I decided it was worth a purchase.

Now, to see if the game is good.

06-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacificsun0481 View Post
Purchased. Will post impressions soon. I bought it mainly because you really aspired to push the iPad 2, for that I decided it was worth a purchase.

Now, to see if the game is good.

I value time and effort. I sincerely do. I can see the developer really pushed environmental detail. Up close the bump mapping looks really nice. In fact, Gameloft could learn from this developer, how to employ those techniques.

I can't, however, recommend this game for the price. Games are meant to be played...

Not because I believe games should be cheap, simply because there are more playable games for the price.

I feel the game is more inspired by Night of the Living dead, than L4D.

The maps and zombie patterns are repetitive. It's a slog to earn weapons. Damage to zombies isnt relevant to where they're shot. Guns look uninspiring. There blood looks out of Mortal Kombat on the Genesis. There's no muzzle flash.....

The levels follow the same pattern, the zombies follow the same movement pattern. The only pattern this game allows, is player boredom.

I wanted to love this game. I really did.

I feel the developer should join up with a talented team of developers and help with graphics (where he excels) and let others make the game.

May I recommend Gameloft? Or joining Crescent Moon? You have visual acumen, that's for sure.

Last edited by Pacificsun0481; 06-10-2011 at 12:03 AM.
06-10-2011, 07:21 AM
What level did you play up to? You start seeing zombies that can jump over things, tank zombies, and other varieties. This game is like a 3D version of Alive 4 Ever. The environment is not interactive and is just an obstacle to walk around in. That was my goal for this game since a lot of people liked Alive 4 Ever. Actually the internal name for this was Zombies 4 Ever but people wanted me to change it

There are muzzles flashes on all the guns so I don't know why you said that.

Here's the thing.. I used to work for a game company, making $60k/yr as a lead programmer. Now I make $400k/yr as a solo iPhone developer. It doesn't make sense for me to work for someone else. I had planned this game to be more like Grand Theft Auto with a full city to explore but decided that was too ambitious for one person and scaled it back.

You can't compare this game to something Gameloft or any other team has made. It is a solo effort and a pretty simple game, but will hopefully satisfy some zombie killing urges

06-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Any other thoughts from someone who has played it a bit now? For me the game is slow until you are able to get the automatic rifles and then the difficulty ramps up significantly and it's a lot of fun.