Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-01-2011, 09:52 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Fatal League

Old 06-01-2011, 11:16 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

so any impressions? guess ill try it out.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:08 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Ok I played through the tutorial and three fights so these are very early impressions.

In Fatal League, a king is attacked by the mighty hydra and is bested badly. The mighty hydra seems to be the end boss in this game. The king, badly wounded, but rich, seeks to hold tournaments to test a heroes strength before allowing them to fight the dreaded hydra.

The game is strictly a battle simulator. You hire a team, equip them, then send them out to battle other teams. There are lots of items to buy, character classes, and character races to choose from. Each class has its own skills, and character races gain unique abilities also.

The controls are intuitive, but also heavily menu based. Everything is explained clearly in the tutorial, and any item or skill can be checked for stats by simply clicking it.

If you like the actual fights of srpgs, but hate all of the annoying dialog between each one, then this is the game for you!! It does everything that its supposed to very well, and keeps very detailed records on tons of stuff if your interested too. Overall I highly recommend it if its your style of game.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:30 AM
iPhone 4

So... turn based Battlehearts? I might just buy this is it is the case...
Old 06-02-2011, 12:51 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

its more like an old Dungeons and Dragons tabletop game. Its heavily stat based with rolls for hitting and dodge.

wow its a shame nobody is trying this one out.. its really a great game. i played it for about six hours straight last night. Plays great on Ipad in 2x mode also.

Last edited by mekanikal fiend; 06-02-2011 at 05:32 PM..
Old 06-06-2011, 09:12 AM

Default Game Impressions

I randomly found this game using the new releases list. I am glad I did as I could easily see never hearing about it. I have done about 6 battles so far and participated in the first tournament.

My impressions of this game are that it is an excellent translation of old school strategy RPG game elements to the iPhone. It reminds me of gold box D&D mixed with more modern D&D game mechanics and subtract out all the walking around and plot bit.

Good work guys!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:14 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Default I just tried it, great job guys

I've got a dead head when it comes to strategy games like this but I still like to try. Love the simplicity, no stupid messages in between, plenty of options, and wayyy more room for growing my fighters, assuming I can figure out how to do that. I definitely like the throw-back to the old-style characters. They say they're a small Finnish group of friends who just like challenging RPGs. Right on, guys! Great game! Go for it!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:39 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Youtube link | Pop Up

I almost missed this one, why didn't someone tell me earlier! But seriously this looks like it should keep me entertained until FFT is released.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:39 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

see i told you it was good. i was thinking that i was the only one playing it.
i have probably logged about 10 hours total. with games on ipad and iphone. its a real cool game, that deserves a lot more love than it got!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:14 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanikal fiend View Post
see i told you it was good. i was thinking that i was the only one playing it.
i have probably logged about 10 hours total. with games on ipad and iphone. its a real cool game, that deserves a lot more love than it got!
Yep and Thanks for the heads up about how it looks on the ipad. I have been doing most of my gaming on the ipad, so these types of impressions always help me.