★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Benthic LLC
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 32.5 MB
  • Version: 1.81
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A vile curse darkens the moon! Are you brave enough to enter an ominous abandoned castle to set things right? Clever enough to solve devious puzzles and piece together the scattered clues?

SpellSquares blends uniquely challenging word puzzles with mysterious adventure elements for a truly novel experience. Youll test your word-game wits against the musing of a missing wizard as you search for a solution to his dreadful curse!

Wander the abandoned castle solving puzzles and collecting clues and quest items
Over 100 unique Spellsquares puzzles for hours of challenging fun
Story and Quickplay game modes offer two distinct gaming experiences
Multiple difficulty settings let you chose the level of challenge that's best for you
Magical hint items! Discover fabulous items to help with those really tough puzzles
Full support for iOS4.x and multitasking
Full HD graphics designed for iPad and iPad2
Multiple player profiles make it easy to share

BenthicGames's comments:
Hello everyone! Our first game- 'Spellsquares: Cursed Moon' went live on the app store yesterday! It's a charming word puzzle adventure game that players have called "Seventh Guest meets Sudoku meets Scrabble."

Thanks for having a look and we hope you enjoy the game!

Spellsquares in the App Store

Official Spellsquares product page

Here are some promo codes for you to enjoy:

PLTT9R9WHKMP
73RNHHRXM33F
YKLYY4EPMJAE
K9PL39K77EA9
7WTTTWEMNTMP
XXLWNATK4JEF
6XHN3HNY676R
KYL4N7LYAERJ
3NKMTWX79M44
PLEPAK4E7LH9

Thanks again!

-Steve
Managing Director
Benthic LLC
06-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Took the second code, thanks.

Played through a couple of rooms and this game is super polished and very professional. The description of 7th Guest, scrabble and sudoku is pretty accurate, so if you are interested in those games, you will probably like this.

So far, gameplay consists of tapping on a lit object and then solving that word puzzle. Solving the word puzzle will allow you to progress, such as open a door ect. There are also things laying around that you can click on to collect as part of your quest. If you back out of the word puzzle it will save what you had done, or you can reset it to start again. I am playing on the easiest mode, there are two harder modes available at the start and it appears you get less help tiles and more empty squares the harder the difficulty. Also, there are four profile slots if you share an iPad.

Graphics, sounds and gameplay seem to be top notch.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 06-02-2011 at 09:16 AM.

06-02-2011, 09:20 AM
I used "YKLYY4EPMJAE" I will post some impressions tonight!

Thanks,
06-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Grabbed the 2nd from bottom - bottom was is used. Looked because I saw BT posted, and like his comments. I'll have to post later, because I have to run errands, but looking forward to trying this - I like word games.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-02-2011, 09:27 AM
This looks really cool. I got 6XHN3HNY676R. First time I've ever gotten a code in time, hehe.

Will post impressions later.

Last edited by Wizard_Mike; 06-02-2011 at 09:31 AM.
06-02-2011, 09:38 AM
taken XXLWNATK4JEF.
no clue what to expect ..... so thanks for the promo!!!
06-02-2011, 09:43 AM
They are all gone! :-(

Please leave some impressions here. This looks quite interesting.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
06-02-2011, 09:46 AM
whyyyyyyyyyyyy only for ipad,whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
06-02-2011, 12:21 PM
It does look interesting. Too bad the codes are all gone.

Gameloft Live/OpenFeint/AGON/Plus+/iTunes Reviewer: Revlisoft / GameCenter: SilverDragon / Favs: Project Phoenix Doodle Jump Dungeon Hunter 2 Sentinel 1/2/3 Tiny Tower Cartoon Wars GoldRush Dragon Portals Puzzle Quest 2 AoD Trenches Order & Chaos Nick Chase Superfall
06-02-2011, 12:24 PM
That figures.. I left for work and then the codes appeared.
Out of luck this time..
Will check tonight if there is something available.