★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pyramix is an easy to learn, highly addictive word game that combines the strategy of Cryptoquote with the simplicity of Boggle. Play a timed game or just for fun! If you like word games of any kind, youll LOVE Pyramix. Perfect for moms and dads alike!

Gabrien's comments:
Well worth checking out if you're into word games. Particularly as, from what I've seen so far its best use may well be as a trainer for Scrabble and similar competitive word games since it really encourages experimenting and keeps you aware of the possibilities. Free with no ads, IAP or any other catches as far as I could tell from a half hour's or so play:

06-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Really nice find Gabrien. Just tried a couple puzzles - but a really great interface, and a great take on word scrambling puzzles.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

06-02-2011, 10:08 AM
What they said. This is really nice if you are into word games.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
06-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Free?

Shows $.99? I thought it was FREE? Will the price be changing sometime today?

---------------------
signature
06-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxiccheese View Post
It was free earlier today. I downloaded it as soon as Gabrien posted this thread. Maybe it was just a limited time deal.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
06-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxiccheese View Post
Looks like the price changed - it was free earlier, so it could be price error either way. Currently at a dollar though, and after playing it, can say that it is totally worth that. It is very polished, and a great UI, and very challenging. Like Jumbline, this is going to be a mainstay in my word game collection.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I didn't feel it was worth mentioning for a "gift," but for a paid game, I would suggest it should have Gamecenter or online leaderboards of some kind at least, which it currently doesn't. That issue aside though, (and it may not be an issue at all for some) I agree this is still easily worth picking up for a buck.
06-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I have been trying to download this app for hours. I keep getting "It's being modified". Can anyone else download it? It says it's free again...

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
06-02-2011, 08:43 PM
You can indeed download the game, but be careful. If you search for Pyramix on iTunes, it shows up with the price tag of free, but if you click on the game title to see the game page, the price is quoted as 99 cents there. I was charged a buck for the game. So,there is a discrepancy in the store. It's only a measly buck, but it's still annoying that you get charged for something that is supposedly free.

I do admit the game looks really cool; and I love word games, but it's still a store glitch that needs to be fixed.

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
06-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Looks like I'm getting the same error. And now it's showing as FREE. Either way, I still want to check it out, free or not. Looks like my kind of game.

---------------------
signature