★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tower Defense: Lost Earth strategies

06-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Tower Defense: Lost Earth strategies

I'm stuck on level C4 Slate. Anybody have any tips? I've tried a number of strategies and always get swarmed on wave 16.

Anyone feel free to discuss any other level strategies for the game as well.

Last edited by zatos; 06-04-2011 at 11:25 PM.
06-04-2011, 04:23 PM
With ya

I've been stuck on this one for awhile and tried a lot of different strategies myself. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Holding onto anger is like grasping onto a hot coal, you are the only one that gets burnt.

06-04-2011, 04:27 PM
On c4 - you do need to make sure you get all the resources - which you probably did. I can get all of them by building the long distance tower in the left hand side near the base. I have managed to beat wave 16 by using the bomber special weapon. But then they get me on wave 20.

Last edited by zatos; 06-04-2011 at 11:25 PM.
06-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Coincidentally, C4 was the level that I had just unlocked, but had not tried yet when I saw this thread today. I'll pass on what worked for me. Took three for four tries to get past this one.

First couple tries I couldn't get past wave 12. Then I placed a laser, the one that shoots through enemies, near the southeast corner of the map, so it lines up to shoot the enemies as they run due south toward it. I think I also had about four slowing towers.

It was a close call because I only had three lives to spare, and I am positive I would have failed without using the bomber special on wave 20. I gathered all resources along the bottom of the screen, but ignored the lone up about middle of the map.

I'm liking this TD game, it's challenging for me even on the default easy setting. This C4 slate was about the third level that I had to try multiple times to find a mix of units and strategy that works, but that's one of the good things about it. Good challenge w/ out being frustrating (so far anyway).

Hopefully you can glean something useful out of my rambling...
06-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Thankee Sai!

Ohden,

Seriously, you don't know how much of my sanity you just saved me. Two tries (after who knows how many) to pass this level after reading your tips and Boom! I passed her. I have been stuck on this level a few days now and been pulling my hair out.

I put a laser cannon in your suggested spot and one in the top right corner as well. After upgrading the top cannon and placing various slowing towers, it came pretty easily.

Thanks man!

I also agree this game is pretty great. I love TD games, but this one takes the cake so far.

Holding onto anger is like grasping onto a hot coal, you are the only one that gets burnt.

Last edited by kyletrail; 06-06-2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: PS
06-06-2011, 01:41 AM
Yes... I had thought with such tight resources on the level that a laser cannon would be too expensive. But I tried it and success! Thank you!

I also surprised myself in that I finished with all 8 lives!
06-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Eh, now I'm stuck on Apollo, but hopefully I'll figure something out soon.
06-07-2011, 06:58 PM
I haven't made it that far yet- not been able to play as much as I'd like lately.

Glad you made it through that other level. It does seem like some levels have limited solutions.

Seems like most other TD games I've played have been a little more forgiving in regards to which towers I've chosen.
06-08-2011, 02:40 AM
I like trying to figure out some strategy... for me I find too many tower defense games to be way too hard or too easy. I like being able to beat some, or maybe figuring it out after a couple tries... trying to think up some better strategy. Especially in these sorts of tower defense games - I'm not sure if they have been branded yet - I will call it "line" tower defense. Versus those where you can force enemies to go around your towers to create paths.

As far as Apollo goes - if anyone is stuck - I found a strategy that works. Build a couple cannons at the very top of the first line where the enemies come - one on each side but not directly above it. On the sides in that very first section, build up a bunch of splash missile towers. Try to max out each one before building a new one. You can build up a 2x3 group on each side, for a total of 12 splash towers. At some point inbetween try to build two laser towers directly above that first line so they will shoot all enemies coming. Continue to build more splash towers. Continue to build another 2x3 group on the left most side of the path before it starts going back to the right. I found that the strategy of the 2x3 groups in this level is very good because it will help you focus your firepower so that the healing enemies will get taken out as soon as possible. I didn't even need to build any towers on the other side of the level because these managed to take them all out. I borrowed this strategy from a search I did on Google.
06-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Ugh, Dark Pool is looking to be a nasty one.

EDIT: Actually it ended up not being as bad as I thought. Splash towers FTW.

I do think Nailed E5 is going to trip me up for a while, if anyone has any strategies for it. The bad part is when the squids start coming and freezing all the towers.

Last edited by zatos; 06-08-2011 at 09:37 PM.