★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Free Game Download for the iPad - Yaniv - available now

06-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Free Game Download for the iPad - Yaniv - available now

Were proud to announce that we finally released our first game - Yaniv!
Its available for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad(Not universal but enjoyable non the less!).

Click here to download it for free

Yaniv is a competitive card-game that has been speculated to be invented by anything from prisoners to backpackers but we found the truth!

Youtube link | Pop Up

WHAT YOU GET - Unlimited offline games and 5 online games for free
HOW TO GET MORE - Unlimited online games can be purchased within the app for $1.99 (USD) and you will also get:

*Harder difficulty settings for offline play
*Access to all our fun and challenging achievement
*Game statistics
*Access to more features in the future
*Support the developers

I know people hate walls of text, so check out a Tutorial and an online gameplay demo over here
I invite you guys to jump online for a game!. Drop a line here, for any feedback is appreciated.

Tarnegol Games, Tastes Like Chicken.

Last edited by BigEyeGuy; 06-05-2011 at 12:38 AM.
06-03-2011, 08:51 AM
While it is a nice card game, I've played it on my iPhone, it isn't universal so it does feel a bit misleading that they're posting about it here as well.

I assume it will play fine on the iPad but only as any other native iPhone x2 rescaled game.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

06-03-2011, 09:03 PM
gr8 fun simple addictive card game!!!!!

simple graphics: BUT FUN as hell!!! especially with an online-partner!!!! pls try it!!! it deserves a wide audience!!!!! AND:it's gr8 on the ipad!!!! thumbs up!!!!!!!!
06-03-2011, 10:52 PM
I have this and it is a lot of fun. I do play it on the iPad but it is not Universal, so it really shouldn't be in the iPad section.
06-04-2011, 08:24 PM
I Apologize for that guys, was an honest mistake, but since the app is available for the iPad i thought it would be relevant.
If a moderator wishes to remove this thread, please do.

cheers.
06-04-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm hooked

Have been playing this all day. It's easy to learn, and more fun than any card game I've ever played.
06-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEyeGuy View Post
I Apologize for that guys, was an honest mistake, but since the app is available for the iPad i thought it would be relevant.
If a moderator wishes to remove this thread, please do.

cheers.
It is surely an honest mistake, no biggy, you just might want to edit the first post with something to the effect of, "While not a universal App, it still looks and plays pretty good on the iPad as well."

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
Have been playing this all day. It's easy to learn, and more fun than any card game I've ever played.
Thanks Grist, thats exactly why we brought it over to the iOS.

Though it is a challenge getting people to play card games when there are velocospiders running around and i dont blame them
07-05-2011, 05:04 PM
I am really enjoying Yaniv. It has quickly become one of my favorite card games on the iOS system. I was happy to leave a 5-star review.

I posted here to report a bug in multiplayer that has happened 4 times over the past two days. Instead of adding points to a player's score as warranted after a round is over, instead 40-50 points end up being subtracted from the player's score. I have saved a couple of screenshots from the "scores" page inside the app that will show the subtraction in the score.

Has anyone else experienced this? I assume it's a bug and not a scoring quirk that would allow for subtraction of points?
07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Was the score exactly 200? In Yaniv 50 points are deducted from any player that reaches exactly 200 points. Some variations deduct 50 points when an exact score of 50, 100, 150 or 200 is reached. There are several other interesting variations to Yaniv out there, but with this version, I think when an exact score of 200 is reached that player's score is reduced to 150 points. Hope I helped if this is what you experienced.