★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Anyone ever tried Disney's All Star Cards?

11-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Anyone ever tried Disney's All Star Cards?

I'm a huge fan of Disney's. I saw this game on app store and get so attracted to it but it's kind of getting so much negative reviews(there are a few great ones though)! So anyone of u ever tried it out and what's your opinion of it? Like the game play and quality?
11-09-2008, 03:34 AM
My sister bought it for $10 on her iphone. Not sure what she was thinking but her kids don't really want to play it. They prefer their nintendo DS's. She admits she blew her money on that one. It just has old maid type card games. Pretty graphics are not worth $9...although now it's dropped to $8 I believe.

What is ironic is when I tell her to buy this $1 quality game it's like pulling her tooth she simply will not budge even though she is paying $130 x 2 per month for her and her husband's iphones.

edit: This got me to thinking about Clubhouse Games 42 games on Nintendo DS. Ones with * we have on app store.
Basic Card Games
Old Maid*, spit, I Doubt It, Sevens, Memory* (man oh man if there are 99 of these on app store), Pig*. Most of these basic card games are covered in Disney's All Star Cards.
Intermediate Card Games
Blackjack*, Hearts*, President, Rummy * (well kinda), Seven Bridge, Last Card, Last Card Plus
Advanced Card Games
Five Card Draw, Texas Hold'em *, Nap, Spades*, Contract Bridge
Basic Board Games
Chinese Checkers, Checkers*, Dots and Boxes*, Hasami Shogi, Turncoat, Connect Five (pente)*, Grid Attack (battleship)*
Advanced Board Games
Backgammon*, Chess*, Shogi, Field Tactics (stratego), Ludo
Variety Games
Soda Shake*, Dominoes*, Koi-Koi (hanafuda)*, Word Balloon*
Action Games
Bowling*, Darts*, Billiards*, Balance*, Takeover* similiar ones
Single-Player Games
Solitaire*, Escape* (rush hour), Mahjong Solitaire*

So seems like iphone has most of these games covered. Wouldn't mind seeing Stratego on iphone though.

Last edited by mrbass; 11-09-2008 at 06:06 AM. Reason: added Clubhouse games