★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Dinger HD is pleasing to the eyes and entertaining for gamers of all types." - AppAdvice.com

"If you own an iPad and you are looking for a game with quality gaming experience with excellent graphics Dinger HD developed by Gammon Studios LLC is the right choice for you." - AllThatIsApple.com

Dinger is the exciting new action-puzzle game for iPad in stunning HD.

You play as Dinger, a small hummingbird with a big heart who must defeat swarms of bees that are invading his gardens.

Features:
* Platform-style gameplay with collectibles and Flower-Ups
* Richly detailed gardens to explore with full HD graphics
* Infinite flight patterns - draw a line and Dinger will follow it
* Three types of attacks powered by the Flower-Ups you collect
* Multiple challenges and a variety of enemies per level
* Friendly characters that will help you in your battle against the bees
* Game Center for high scores and achievements

Created by Gammon Studios LLC. Developed by F84 Games.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

06-03-2011, 08:37 AM
The game LOOKS fantastic, anybody know if these levels are completely scripted or is there some randomization with each play?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
The game LOOKS fantastic, anybody know if these levels are completely scripted or is there some randomization with each play?
I have only put in about 15 minutes but it appears to be all scripted, no endless mode.

I have to admit I am a little confused with the gameplay. You basically travel from screen to screen, so I really don't know how big a level is. When you die, you go back to a check point and have to go back through the screens again but they are cleared out now, so there is no way to get nectar again. So if you cleared all of the flowers but left two enemies on a screen, you would encounter just the two enemies with limited nectar to fight them. It may start you with a small amount of nectar when you continue, not sure yet.

Also, when you move to the next screen the bird is at the far left, sometimes it is hard to have enough room to pull back to shoot the weapon. There appear to be three types of attack and they have different ranges. Each attack requires nectar to use.

Sorry my impressions are disjointed, I am really just trying to figure out how everything works. Honestly it looks good but I am not sure I like it or not.