★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: You play the role of a young knight Sir Lamorak, who seeks adventure -- as well as fame, fortune, and the attention of the fair maidens in the local village -- by proving there is no such thing as ghosts in the long abandoned Egremont Castle near the Forest of Ulpha.

As Sir Lamorak arrives at the old moss-covered castle, he starts to feel uneasy as though a thousand eyes are watching him approach the main entrance. After jumping down from his trusty steed, Buttercup, his horse turns, snorts, and bolts back to towm, leaving our brave Sir Lamorak all alone. With nothing but the wind pushing against him, Sir Lamorak is blown(or sucked maybe) into the large wooden castle doors as they open with a loud creak as the rusty hinges give way to years of lack of use.

Slowly, Sir Lamorak moves forward into the main entrance of the castle and peers into the darkness before him. He sees nothing, but can hear the wind moaning through the castle and the dripping of water in the distance. Suddenly a large gust of wind rips through the hallway with a howl, the main doors behind him slam shut and Sir Lamorak jumps forward in panic. He turns and runs to the door grabbing and pulling on the handles, but it will not open. He is trapped.

Standing in the darkness, wondering why on earth he decided to visit this place, Sir Lamorak hears an evil voice through the darkness:"Only those who can cast the Spell of Release are allowed to leave this place, else you are here with us forever.... mwahahahahaha!"

Shaking with fear, Sir Lamorak is now standing in a dark castle and has
absolutely no idea what the Spell of Release is, where it can be found, or who the evil voice belonged to. One thing, however, was certain..he was not alone.

You must now find the spell of release in the castle and escape through the main entrance. Running around though is hard work so you need to manage your energy carefully or you are destined to spend eternity in the Egremont Castle.
06-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Wait what? That is the icon for Cardboard Castle minus the sun! They have different devs so I don't think Bullypix will be happy.

Edit - sun and all!

Last edited by New England Gamer; 06-03-2011 at 08:10 AM.

06-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Wait what? That is the icon for Cardboard Castle minus the sun! They have different devs so I don't think Bullypix will be happy.
yep, noticed that! Let's see what happens ...

I love this world!
06-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Its not just the icons. Their other apps are priced at $7 or higher and none of those look worth the price. Their support page doesnt even exist. Guess it was a mistake posting this app here. Avoid at all costs (unless the cost drops down to $0.00!)
06-03-2011, 08:23 AM
I knew that icon looked familiar. :/

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-03-2011, 08:34 AM

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
06-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Heh... It's actually funnier than that.

This dev stole the icon for Cardboard Castle and the game itself looks to be the exact game with no changes that you develop if you buy the programming book Learning iOS Game Programming by Michael Daley.

Michael released the game based on the book here in the App Store here:

Fail.

Dev1 - "Man, we gotta build some gamez and get rich in that App Store."
Dev2 - "Hell yes! Why build tho. We can steal this awesome game from a programming book, compile it, but change nothing cause we got no skillz."
Dev1 - "We need an icon."
Dev2 - "Let's use that icon from CC. It's rad in an old school sort of way."
Dev1 - "True!"
Dev2 - "How much should we charge for this sweetness"
Dev1 - "I wanna get rich real fast. $7!"
Dev2 - "Sweet. I'm gonna buy one of them hot mail order brides with my first few days of cash."
Dev1 - "Dude, I'm buying ten mail order brides! We are gonna make millions!!!"

PLH Software
---------------

Last edited by peilei; 06-03-2011 at 09:26 AM.
06-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Even better, this dev has several low quality titles all priced @ 6.99 USD - 20.99 USD.

PLH Software
---------------
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peilei View Post
Heh... It's actually funnier than that.

This dev stole the icon for Cardboard Castle and the game itself looks to be the exact game with no changes that you develop if you buy the programming book Learning iOS Game Programming by Michael Daley.

Michael released the game based on the book here in the App Store

(snipped app info)

Fail.

Dev1 - "Man, we gotta build some gamez and get rich in that App Store."
Dev2 - "Hell yes! Why build tho. We can steal this awesome game from a programming book, compile it, but change nothing cause we got no skillz."
Dev1 - "We need an icon."
Dev2 - "Let's use that icon from CC. It's rad in an old school sort of way."
Dev1 - "True!"
Dev2 - "How much should we charge for this sweetness"
Dev1 - "I wanna get rich real fast. $7!"
Dev2 - "Sweet. I'm gonna buy one of them hot mail order brides with my first few days of cash."
Dev1 - "Dude, I'm buying ten mail order brides! We are gonna make millions!!!"
Yikes the screenshots are even identical! Wow lots of people are going to be mad at that. Same file size, same graphics, Icon of another game, 7 dollars more though than the free version.

Your "conversation" is quite funny. Sadly it might ring too close to the truth.
06-03-2011, 07:04 PM
$7 for a bad copy of a free game?? Wow, talk about balls!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80