★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A classic arcade style space shooter! Collect crystals and destroy swarms of enemies, in this highly addictive game!

"Excellent in-app documentation, very well done and humorous, meaning you feel inclined to read it"
"It has a lot to offer and it's at a quality price, and it's very well made, no bugs here to speak of. It has been baked well. It gets 4 out of 5 star rating and a healthy reccomendation! This is a nice remake of a classic" - Luke Patrick, TheiPhoneAppReview.com (4/5)

"The on-screen controls are great. [..] I love the basic concept, art-style and the nice arcade-like background music" - Bobby Gooding, 148apps.com (3/5)

If you are a passionate Mac user and Crystal Quest was among your favourite games, or if you spent countless nights wantonly shooting enemies in XQuest and even if you have no idea what were talking about, but you enjoy an addictive arcade game, this is definitely the game for you! We have brought the style to the modern devices, making use of their full capabilites, while keeping the same genuine feel of the classics, that will keep you playing again and again, for hours and hours!

Fly your ship around the arena, make gravity defying turns, collect bonuses and blast your enemies and the mines that are blocking your path to pieces, or swiftly swerve through them using the power-ups you will come across!

- User friendly dual-stick control, completely customizable:
o Left pad shoot, right pad steer, or reverse them
o Pads position themselves where you touch the screen
- Accelerometer tap anywhere on the screen to shoot
- Classic arcade-style graphics
- Parallax scrolling for the background
- Music by Matthew A McFarland ( http://www.mattmcfarland.com )

JapJap Development's comments:
Hey everyone,

Firstly, in order to not break forum rules, I'm identifying this account as a developer account. As soon as I figure out how to get Developer under my name, I'll do just that.

Moving on, we have just released our first game, Space Arena. It's an easy to learn, hard to master game, which should bring back memories of the nights spent playing arcade games back in the day. If you weren't born back in the day, then it should give you a hint that nights could be spent with cool games even when there was no iPhone... The game runs on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, provided your iOS version is 3.2.0 or later.

Below, I am posting some screenshots and the AppStore link.

Said AppStore link is: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spacearena/id440407262?mt=8&ls=1 .

Feedback is much appreciated, and we believe criticism is constructive no matter if it's positive or not, so please shoot... well, not literally...

Enjoy the game and post your highscores!

The Team!
06-03-2011, 08:11 AM

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

06-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Thanks triggywiggy! Have a slow and steady recovery!

06-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Hey guys! Great idea by allowing user to choose the control options of the game (I like the joystick better). I used to play something similar when I was like 8 (which was way too long ago). As a suggestion, I would like to see game center integrated in a future update!
06-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Thank you Duncan!

I prefer the joystick too. Nostalgia is an element we counted on when we first thought of doing this game.

We were also thinking of integrating either OpenFeint or Game Center. Since users ask for it, we'll probably think a little more and just do it(this isn't copyright infringement, is it?).

Us. The Team.
06-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Promo Codes Contest

In other news, to celebrate a week since our first game's launch, we have a contest! The details can be found in the SPACE Contest - Enter the ARENA and WIN UP TO FIVE Promo Codes thread, under the Promo Codes and Contests forum.

Good luck everyone!
06-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Hey guys... Congrats on the nice review on theiphoneappreview.com
06-18-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by DuncanDuncan View Post
Hey guys... Congrats on the nice review on theiphoneappreview.com
Thanks, Duncan! It's not the first, actually, but it's the best of the two.

There's another one at 148apps. It's...well...a start... I'm waiting to see some reviews here, too. User experiences are, IMO, equally important, but people seem kinda shy here...

06-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Generally speaking, the game concept is quite good, graphics and control are also awesome. I am enjoying it everyday. rate 4/5
06-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Yeah I got it about a week ago, and I'm still playing it... =o)

You fly around an enclosed area collecting gems, blowing up basketball looking bombs, and avoiding other purplish bombs, then when you collect all the gems, a door opens, and you move on to the next level...

It's a nice little high-score game that'll take up quite a bit of time...

worth checking out... =o)