iPhone: "MLB World Series 2009" is out

04-15-2009, 10:34 PM
"MLB World Series 2009" is out

[App Store Link, $7.99]

edit: video:

Quote:
MLB World Series 2009 redefines baseball gameplay for the iPhone and iPod touch with exclusively designed pitching and batting controls that let you paint the corners of the strike zone or take a hanging curve deep into the Monster Seats.

The only game for iPhone and iPod Touch featuring all 30 Major League Clubs, four MLB ballparks, three gameplay modes and incredible 3-D animations, MLB World Series 2009 captures the intensity and excitement of the Fall Classic.

Key Features Include:

* Multi-touch Pitching Mechanics: Choose between fastball, curve, change-up or slider and swipe correctly to execute the perfect pitch.

* Accelerometer Targeting: Tilt the device to aim your pitch and line up your swing.

* World Series mode: Set your Postseason bracket and battle through the Division Series, League Championship Series and World Series to become World Champions.

* Season mode: Play a 16-, 29-, 82-, or a 162-game season and win the All-Star Game to secure home-field advantage for the World Series.

* Exhibition mode: Choose your favorite team, your opponent and the ballpark and compete against the AI in a single game.

* Fielding modes: Let the computer play defense or switch to manual for an added challenge.

* 3-D animations: Step into the batter's box, make the play at the plate or turn the double play with animations that bring the game to life.

* Authentic MLB action: Game includes all 30 clubs with skill rankings based on 2008 player stats, plus Wrigley Field, the new Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, and Citizens Bank Park.

Last edited by salsamd; 04-16-2009 at 01:31 AM.
04-15-2009, 10:36 PM
looks cheesey

this is my signature people get over it...

04-15-2009, 10:36 PM
lmao oh my the graphics

I was expecting something from Sega by the title, and only one gameplay pic and they want 8 bucks? Really?
04-15-2009, 10:37 PM
iTunes Link-> http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=312119080&mt=8

Looks good, not sure if I need another baseball game though

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
04-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Lol and only one picture in the description.

Twitter: @Zincous
04-15-2009, 10:38 PM
that screenshot on their doesn't look to great....I would love for gameloft or EA to come out with a baseball game. I have 9 innings and bss.

I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEW IPHONE AHHHH I WANT IT SO BAD I'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO STILL USES THE ORIGINAL IPHONE 2G.
04-15-2009, 10:39 PM
haha this looks like crap, you would think they would do a better job on a game coming from mlb.com

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!
04-15-2009, 10:40 PM
i nominate sainter to buy it and tell us what he thinks

I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEW IPHONE AHHHH I WANT IT SO BAD I'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO STILL USES THE ORIGINAL IPHONE 2G.
04-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC34 View Post
i nominate sainter to buy it and tell us what he thinks
+1 nomination for sainter

I wanna see some brave TOFTT'er take on this one. Post some video too lol
04-15-2009, 10:42 PM
I've been waiting for a real baseball game, but there's no way I'm going for this with one picture and no video.

I'm definitely waiting a review or for someone to TOFTT. This one is going to need a real hero to TOFTT.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0