★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

DeathFall HD (Universal) - FREE

06-05-2011, 04:18 AM
DeathFall HD (Universal) - FREE

When DeathFall was first released I was completely blown away by the fantastic artwork and music (it certainly might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it sure was mine). Despite the fact that it was just a "falling" game, it just oozed evil charm, and I loved that...until I found out it only had around 5 areas or so which looped over and over again. Naturally it didn't hold my attention for very long.

Fast forward to today. I didn't even know there was a universal "HD" build of DeathFall, but stumbled upon it on AppShopper. This version is both retina enabled, apparently has 13 new areas and best of all...is free! I think it's time I gave this another chance, and there's no excuse for all of you not to.

EDIT: Played through it again, and I might as well post this here:

You know how I mentioned the 5 areas? Yeah, they're actually 4...and still loop over and over again. It looks like the 13 "areas" are just the pattern of the relics spread over the levels. Considering the game doesn't randomly generate those patterns, when you've gone through all 13...you've gone through all 13. :/

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 06-05-2011 at 04:55 AM.
06-05-2011, 06:22 AM
Worth a try, but very repetitive.

06-05-2011, 06:25 AM
this work fine on my friend iphone 3g but game support 3gs+ loool
03-11-2012, 05:11 AM
Free again!
03-11-2012, 07:56 AM
clean and simple game, but fun to play. perhaps could use some more graphical effect because the environment feels a little too naked.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
03-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Played this for awhile, it was the only one of its kind I let sit on my device. Simple fun.
12-03-2013, 07:11 AM
FREE again. Recommended!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
12-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post

When DeathFall was first released I was completely blown away by the fantastic artwork and music (it certainly might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it sure was mine). Despite the fact that it was just a "falling" game, it just oozed evil charm, and I loved that...until I found out it only had around 5 areas or so which looped over and over again. Naturally it didn't hold my attention for very long.

Fast forward to today. I didn't even know there was a universal "HD" build of DeathFall, but stumbled upon it on AppShopper. This version is both retina enabled, apparently has 13 new areas and best of all...is free! I think it's time I gave this another chance, and there's no excuse for all of you not to.

EDIT: Played through it again, and I might as well post this here:

You know how I mentioned the 5 areas? Yeah, they're actually 4...and still loop over and over again. It looks like the 13 "areas" are just the pattern of the relics spread over the levels. Considering the game doesn't randomly generate those patterns, when you've gone through all 13...you've gone through all 13. :/
Thanks for your detailed feedback