Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-20-2011, 12:15 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I gave the show a second chance the plot did develop a bit and it's more interesting now I guess I wrote it off a little early but I think they probably lost quite a few viewers with the first few episodes.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:26 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I gave the show a second chance the plot did develop a bit and it's more interesting now I guess I wrote it off a little early but I think they probably lost quite a few viewers with the first few episodes.
AAAAAAHHHH!! Im in shock after just watching the final episode. THat was freaking awesome This is gone right up with my favourite tv shows.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:01 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Alex Ross cover for the graphic novel adaptation:

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2011/06...es-adaptation/

Quote:
Bantam to Publish Games of Thrones Adaptation

What will you do while awaiting the second season of HBO’s stellar adaptation of George R.R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones? Well, there’s that slightly overdue fifth book in the series coming in a matter of weeks then there’s today’s announcement that the first novel is being adapted for comics.

NEW YORK, NY – June 29th, 2011 – Bantam Books, an imprint of the Random House Publishing Group, announced today Alex Ross and Mike S. Miller as the cover artists for the comic adaptation of George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones series.
The series will be illustrated by Tommy Patterson and adapted and scripted by Daniel Abraham, the award-winning and bestselling author of The Long Price Quartet. The first issue of the monthly comic-which will be published by Dynamite Entertainment-is planned to release in September 2011, with compilations of the comics in graphic novel form to follow under the Bantam imprint.

“It has been fifteen years since I first edited A GAME OF THRONES, and it is a genuine joy to be revisiting and adapting this landmark novel into a format that suits it so perfectly,” says Senior Editor at Random House Anne Groell. “George’s writing has always been highly visual, painting rich, detailed and striking images in the reader’s minds and hearts. And now seeing such a talented group of artists bringing that so vividly to life is truly exciting. I couldn’t be more pleased with everything I have seen so far–and I can’t wait for what is yet to come!”

“It’s a real privilege and a treat to be involved with reinterpreting Game of Thrones,” says writer Daniel Abraham. “It’s a brilliant piece of work, and watching the strength of that story come into a visual medium is fantastic.”

“George R. R. Martin’s Game of Thrones is the best book series I’ve ever read,” says cover artist Mike Miller. “Not just in the fantasy genre, but in ANY genre. Just as I hear people saying Game of Thrones is the best series on TV, I’m sure they’ll be saying the same about the comic book. You can’t find a better writer anywhere than George, and I was very excited to get the opportunity to draw covers for the comic book adaptation.”

Game of Thrones began airing on HBO in April 2011, and quickly became one of the highest rated, and critically acclaimed show of the year, with a 2nd season commitment by HBO following the airing of the first episode. The season finale was the highest rated episode of the season, showing the strength of the series. The comics and graphic novels will further expand the Game of Thrones series into a new medium, creating opportunities for readers old and new to immerse themselves in this bestselling world.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:19 AM

I've started on reading the first book and like the series I'm finding it a bit hard to get into them but I'll persist with it as I know it must get better. It's strange when I read other books like the Inheritance trilogy or the dark tower series I found it so much easier to get sucked into them and couldn't tear myself away.

I think these books probably have a good story but the writer isn't all that good or the book hasn't really taken me yet.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:34 PM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 07-03-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koman lee View Post
HI there,
I wanna know about the upcoming show of this one like and wanna know about that one deeply .... Will any one share some of the guidance about that one...???
What's your question?? If youre wondering if it's good then yes. But I have no idea what your asking.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:49 AM
iPad mini

The show and books are epic. The only problem is the whole book series will be finished in a decade, so the wait is questionable. Each season/book has no real ending that leaves you unsatisfied and wanting more.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:54 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I really really like this series. It's kind of like Lord of the Rings but more realistic and with great casting. That Joffrey is incredibly annoying though
Old 07-06-2011, 11:23 AM

I only found out a lot of it was filmed here in Northern Ireland I didn't even realise when I watched it. I was talking to someone who said they got a part as an extra and I didn't believe them at first in fact I'll be honest I didn't believe them at all until I checked wiki.

Makes me want to watch it again now and actually pay attention to the scenery as it's all places I should have recognised.

Edit:

I actually have started to rewatch it again now and I think reading the start of the book helped tremendously with the plot when you know all the little details the show is much more enjoyable and to me easier to follow.

Last edited by Teknikal; 07-07-2011 at 07:33 AM..