★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It's Evil Dead: The Game! Play the ultimate experience in grueling horror!

Evil Dead is a horror-action-shooter-adventure where you play as Ash and must fight off Deadites and a host of other possessed abominations in order to stay alive and protect your friends. Groovy!

---

FEATURES

- 30 action-packed levels in a Story mode based on the cult classic film!

- Axes, boomsticks and chainsaws galore! Fight bosses and lead your friends to safety!

- Mighty fine 3D graphics that will swallow your soul! You will say, "Yeah... truly amazing."

- Play through the original film's plot and then some! Separated into two chapters, Autumn Horror lets you experience the film, and Winter Nightmare lets you feast on a brand new storyline!

- There's so much gore, you'll literally have to wipe it off your screen!

- Earn badges and prove your worth! Theres a Game Center leaderboard!

- Includes dialogue and the score from the original film!

- Celebrate the 30th year anniversary of the horror movie that started it all!

---

PRESS

"Stays true to the feel of [the film], which is essential." Rob Tapert, Executive Producer of The Evil Dead

"Gore-drenched, boomstick-featuring, Deadite slaughterthon" Entertainment Weekly

"Theyve done a great job of faithfully recreating the original movie, plus adding some new content of their own." Appolicious

"Evil Dead looks crisp, runs well, and is one of the better-looking mobile titles I've seen." Game Informer

For customer support, reach us at support[at]triggerglobal[dot]com.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=96433
06-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Awesome I... Must... Buy... Now.............lol

My iPad will not resttttttt!!!!!!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan

06-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Graphics look fine. You say that like it's a bad thing.

Ashamed to say, however, I have not seen the movie. Yes, it's one of those "how could you not have seen that dude?" moments in my life. My answer has always: even though I'm a filmmaker and love this type of film, there are so many movies out there to see that are classics in at least some loose sense of the word, you would need to be plugged in 24/7 to see them all! So I'll be checking out the movie and waiting for impressions on the game. But it does look rather good I must say.
06-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Really looking forward to buying this.
06-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Many thanks for the info
06-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Don't know about this one. Looks like the type of thing that could easily be as bad as it could be good. Not universal. Take away the licence and they'd be struggling to generate interest at minimum price on the quality of the shots alone. Be curious to see a video though.
06-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Game Impressions

Below average, (badly) scripted dual stick shooter. Its only innovation being forcing you to needlessly tap (or swipe) the screen every few seconds in the name of absorption (my ass.)

I could go on about technical failings, length of levels, and questionable design choices, but instead I'll only point my finger at its one single failing that towers above all others in an Evil Dead game: it's unforgivably boring.

Infinitely better dual stick shooters out there for a quarter of the price.
06-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Below average, (badly) scripted dual stick shooter. Its only innovation being forcing you to needlessly tap (or swipe) the screen every few seconds in the name of absorption (my ass.)

I could go on about technical failings, length of levels, and questionable design choices, but instead I'll only point my finger at its one single failing that towers above all others in an Evil Dead game: it's unforgivably boring.

Infinitely better dual stick shooters out there for a quarter of the price.
That's a damned shame Gabe, well thanks for your impressions. I take it you are familiar with the movies...is it a game for the fans or just one to steer clear of altogether?
06-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hanson View Post
That's a damned shame Gabe, well thanks for your impressions. I take it you are familiar with the movies...is it a game for the fans or just one to steer clear of altogether?
I think it's probably equally insulting to gamers and movie fans alike. Though I suppose I tend to approach it more from a gamer's perspective, though I do own all three films and have watched them a number of times. I suppose it's possible someone completely unfamiliar with gaming but a fan of the films may get a chuckle out of the odd bit, but more so if they were watching someone else play perhaps. I wouldn't wish the gameplay experience on anyone; least of all some unsuspecting newbie.
06-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Ouch. And thanks, Gabrien.