★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

ShootStorm - universal iOS neo-retro arcade action

06-07-2011, 07:52 AM
ShootStorm - universal iOS neo-retro arcade action

ShootStorm is a fast paced arcade game in the style of Tempest and Gyruss, although it definitely isn’t a clone of either. Fully 3D and with retina graphics.

The price has been reduced to $0.99 for one week, starting today (07JUN2001).

Controls are very simple because firing is automatic. One finger on a dial when playing with touch controls (left and right handed options, plus the control extends some way beyond the graphic so it is hard to slide out of the active area in the heat of action). Just move the device in tilt mode.

There are Game Center high scores and 39 achievements.

ShootStorm was originally called TiltStorm, but there was a lot of negative comments about the tilt controls. I added touch control options and made them the default, but people are still put off by the name, so it has changed.

YouTube video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Moonjump; 05-24-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: New icon image
10-04-2011, 06:48 PM
ShootStorm has been updated to version 3.1.

There is a new Game Center Achievement. All you have to do is rate the app.

It also fixes some bugs, including one that caused a problem if you dismissed the iPad keyboard when entering a high score name.

I have also dropped the price to $0.99.
12-06-2011, 03:10 PM
I have just updated ShootStorm and the free version, ShootStorm Survival, to version 3.1.1.

There was a bug where it was possible for some Achievements to not be reported to Game Center. I have fixed the bug and all Achievements earned will be reported again. So anyone affected should be sorted out.

The size of the app has also been reduced a little. ShootStorm was always under 20 MB, but the Survival version had crept over with the last update. It is now 19.9 MB.
05-24-2012, 05:45 PM
ShootStorm has been upgraded to include Retina iPad graphics.
Some optimisation means the app size has only increased by 1 MB
Version 3.1.4 also includes a new app icon showing the extra life image.

A retina iPad screenshot is shown below.
It is interesting to see how big the iPad resolution is on a computer screen.
I tried adding spoiler tags so you didn't have to see the big image formatting, but it didn't work.

Last edited by Moonjump; 05-24-2012 at 05:53 PM.