★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pocket God Journey to Uranus: Ep 4 - Quantum Entanglement (now universal)

06-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Pocket God Journey to Uranus: Ep 4 - Quantum Entanglement (now universal)

Hey Guys,

This is weird, I feel like I am treading on the wrong space with this state of the island. But I'm actually glad that PGU can finally be in the iPhone and iPod touch section. That iPad section just seems like it doesn't get as much play!

So, the big thing with this update is that it is now universal. We have a couple guys, Sam Washburn and Robin Harbron that have been working hard on PGU since the start and they pulled a miracle. they got PGU working on all iOS devices. I really thought that we could probably get it working on the latest gen, maybe the iphone 3gs but didn't think there was any chance at all of getting it to run on the 3g, and 1st gen ipod touches. They pulled it out though, and it runs great.

So the big thing about PGU is that since we started on the iPad, everything is retina, all the scenes have hi res art, the pygmies have way more shading and detail and we have a lot of 3d that we incorporated into the different scenes. All the mini games are more fleshed out than the typical mini games on the main PG. My favorite game so far is Hover Jump, and I think it gives The Runs, a run for it's money.

We didn't want to cheeze out and just make the app universal, we also added a new mini game set in space called Quantum Entanglement. This is a simple but cool game mechanic that Allan came up with that requires you to search out different quantum atoms in space. You start by catching the first Atom which gives your pygmy quantum sickness, but then you have to find the rest before time runs out or he dies. We throw black holes in at random locations to make it a bit more difficult as you are cruising around space. It's basically a memory game, to see how many locations you can remember in a row. the positions of the atoms never change but when you get to the end of the locations that you know about, you have to search around space for the next location and hopefully remember where it is the next time you play the game.

So, we are planning to keep updating the PGU game the same as we update the main PG. Hopefully now that this is on the iPod touch, this will increase the amount of Pocket God you guys have to play with. PGU does focus a bit more on mini games, but we will be adding more sandbox features, as well as more classic functions from the main PG. in fact, the next update will be a new island on earth and a classic feature. however, it won't be the exact same functionality, it will be like the classic function on steroids.

Youtube link | Pop Up

06-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Thats awesome! I'll pick it up later. Any chance of getting pocket god a universal update too?

Gamecenter - Kurosaki Ichigo

06-07-2011, 12:23 PM
That is very unexpected! Awesome!

Now please more god powers --I know this app is meant for more minigames but it just doesn't feel right without the god powers--

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.
06-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Love the app can't wait to see what's next. Thanks for making it on iPod.

#1 apps: Pocket God and Pocket God: Journey To Uranus
Happily beta testing Pocket God and Pocket God: Journey to Uranus with Allan, Dave and other people of Bolt Creative.
06-07-2011, 01:05 PM
One thing I liked was the fact that you can drag a Pygmy off the screen to the left and to the right. The screen scrolls. Wouldn't it be cool if it scrolled in a circular, panoramic manner? You basically drag the Pygmy off the side of the screen... you see any islands and backgrounds to the east, south, and west of the original screen, and then end up coming back to that origin screen from the opposite direction. I think it would be a very cool 3D effect... and much funner than pressing a button to get to a new island on the same planet. The panoramic idea also makes me think of the Mars rovers... It has that space feel for me...
06-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Always so cool. It's my favorite

Wolfdad Blow
Wolfdad Lite
06-07-2011, 01:28 PM
What is the difference beetwen this and iphone/ipod version?
There is retina support?
06-07-2011, 02:34 PM
06-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Buying now

Uncharted Sigs and a Chance to win the new Game!
06-07-2011, 03:37 PM
As always....another great update! Thanks!

How I got my Free iPad 2