★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

"ᴅ ʀ ᴀ ɢ ᴏ ɴ s ᴛ ʀ ʏ ƒ ᴇ"

06-07-2011, 01:31 PM
"ᴅ ʀ ᴀ ɢ ᴏ ɴ s ᴛ ʀ ʏ ƒ ᴇ"

I have no idea what the hell this is, in fact not even 100% sure if its an iOS game but seems like it. Here's what Hodapp tweeted couple of hours ago...

Any idea what this is??

Originally Posted by bweb View Post
From their twitter page: http://www.dragonstryfe.com/reveal.html

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 10, 2011, San Francisco, CA: Team Znulee, an entirely new clan of veteran developers with AAA console and PC game development background, is officially announcing the first details of Dragonstryfe. After an 18 month top-tier development cycle, Znulee is set to fully realize the potential of truly cross-platform AAA online Player versus Player gameplay. Developed using the latest and greatest game development tools, Dragonstryfe will be the first entirely next generation title for the always-connected digital devices gamers likely already have deeply integrated into their own digital lifestyles.

Taking control of highly customized dragons, players engage in dragon versus dragon combat in real-time, against other player-controlled dragons across the world. Unlike many massive-scale online games, all players will compete on the same server, in the same game world. The StryfeTech engine has been built by the ground up to effortlessly scale from 1v1 bouts to epic battles with thousands of dragons engaging in fast-paced combat. Masterfully crafted netcode guarantees that these dragon wars will be fully playable via both WiFi as well as 3G networks. Wherever you are, whatever device you have, you will be part of the action.

Dragonstryfe will be fully free to play, with no subscriptions or in-app purchase. In addition, dragons in Dragonstryfe will be fully importable and exportable via DragonML, a new interoperability standard to save and migrate dragons between Dragonstryfe and future Team Znulee games built in the StryfeTech engine. This standard will soon be made available for other developers to utilize in their own titles for free as well, likely ushering in a new era of character development as dragons seamlessly migrate from game to game, growing more powerful with each step.

A select few have seen Dragonstryfe behind closed doors at Apple’s WWDC and E3. Soon the fight will be worldwide. June 14th will be a date to remember. PREPARE YOURSELF.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 06-10-2011 at 03:23 PM.
06-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by WunDaii View Post
Daft to ask, but is it coming this year?
I think so.

06-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I think so.
That's great then, thanks.
06-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Wish we could know more. Do you know when you can release some info on it?

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
06-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Looked VERY impressive.
In terms of graphics or gameplay mechanics?
06-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Does it use the UE?

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
06-07-2011, 04:09 PM
u know if they will release anything soon?
06-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Sorry dudes, had to delete my posts and posts quoting me. Ugh.
06-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Official website found!! http://www.dragonstryfe.com/

No info there yet though. Start refreshing it 24x7

Start bugging the devs!! We Demand more info!!!
06-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Interest semi peaked.

Will wait for further details I guess, whenever that might be.

Have bookmarked the website though!