★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: "The Quest" help thread

04-16-2009, 08:56 AM
"The Quest" help thread

Okay, so I have been playing The Quest for a while now. I think I am lvl 5 or 6 now. But there are SO many things I dont understand. I am thinking there are many more people in the same boat so I wanted to post a couple questions here.

Town Portal Spell: When I try to use this, it tells me I never set a marker. HOW do you set a marker? BUT....then when I closed the game and played later, I tried the same spell and it ported me to Vastares.

Attributes and Skills: When you level up and get skill points, how do you know what to increase? I have pretty much been doing a balance.

Spells - Book vs. Wand: From what I gather....books teach you spells you can use over and over (based on SP) and wands you can use for as many charges as it gives you. Is this correct?

Alchemy / food making: I have like 10000000 flowers and berries etc...that I pick. But I have no idea how to turn them into anything usefull! I have the skill to make food but I cant seem to figure out how to use it!

Okay....so any QUEST experts who can shed some light on a dark noobs desire to figure this game out before the expansion comes out?

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
04-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Hey! Just incase you missed it, there is an existing thread here with tons of posts full of information, I've found many tips here and you should definitely check it out:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=5492

For your questions:

Town portal spell: You sure you're not using recall? Recall needs you to have set up pointers first with the MARK spell. Town portal spell itself should actually teleport you to the nearest town.

Attributes / skill points: I'd recommend spending most of your skill points on your primary skills (the 6 you pick when creating your character) otherwise it costs 2 points for the rest, which is a harsh penalty. As for attribute points, it depends what kind of skills you've picked. I recommend picking up the official manual as it will explain which skills are governed by which attribute. For example, an archer or light weapons user will have to level up dexterity as the maximum skill level would be dexterity X 2. Also, in the manual you can see what each attribute does.

Books / wands: Yes, books teach you the spell permanently, wands have charges but they can be refilled by spellbook vendors or a recharge wand.

Alchemy: Double-tap on a mortar / pestle in your inventory and you can combine herbs to make potions. You have 3 slots to do this. The higher your alchemy skill is, the more effects you'll identify per herb, hence the more effects you'll be able to produce. This is one of my favorite skills in the game and has become invaluable for my character.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2

Last edited by Jorlen; 04-16-2009 at 09:53 AM.
04-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Nice!! thank you! I am still trying to get the hang of this game. So in depth (which I like). I am trying to get used to the whole repair thing also

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
04-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral75 View Post
Nice!! thank you! I am still trying to get the hang of this game. So in depth (which I like). I am trying to get used to the whole repair thing also
Yeah, took me a while to get the hang of it too, at least 2-3 hours and I've had to re-create a few characters until I found a good custom class that I liked. Be warned; once you get into this game you won't want to stop. I play for what seems like 10-15 minutes and an hour has gone by!

Repair is easy but a great skill to have. You just buy hammers from blacksmith shop (anvil symbol). Better hammers cost more but last longer. To use them, just double-tap the hammer in inventory and then select which equipment to repair. The higher your skill, the less "strikes" it takes to repair stuff, and I imagine, the longer your hammers last, too.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2