★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: See what all the hype is about.

"One of the best physics puzzlers in the app store"

"A brilliant combination of Enigmo and the Incredible Machine series"

Back Story:

The mad scientist has created a series of machines to destroy the world. There is only one thing that can stop his planned reign of terror, the Plasmatron Sphere. The Plasmatron Sphere is capable of destroying his machines and putting a stop to his evil plans.

However, he isn't going to let his evil plans go down the drain easily. He has devised a series of devilishly complicated traps to prevent the Plasmatron Sphere from reaching the machines and destroying them.

Your goal? Use your tools to guide the Plasmatron Sphere into the mad scientists machines to destroy them.

Features:

- 55 Varied & Challenging Levels
- Advanced Physics Engine
- Force Feedback Explosion Rumble!
- 7 Tools to help you in your task of defeating the mad scientists. Motors, Turbines, Bombs, and more.
- Play as both the Hero and the Mad Scientist.
- Create your own levels and share them with other Amazing Machine players.
- High Quality pre-rendered 3D Graphics.
- Force Feedback device vibration.
- OpenFeint Achievements

Game Center Support Coming Soon!

DevTron3030's comments:
Amazing Machine is free until Midnight!!!!

Get this highly rated Physics Puzzler now before it goes back up to $1.99

Our goal is to receive from feedback. Please post your reviews.

Thanks

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amazing-machine/id432204102?mt=8
06-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Game Impressions

Wow...Great release!!!

Stunning concept game with amazing physics, great graphics/sounds and simple controls.

ADDICTIVE and FUNNY game. Brings back to memories.....

Incredible? Yes, and AMAZING MACHINE !!!

Hope to see Game Center support soon.

---
Marcio Arruda
Twitter: @marcio_arruda
Game Center: Marcio Arruda

06-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Hmm I'd love a game like the incredible machine... but this one doesn't seem to be very similar. I'll wait for some reviews...
06-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I'm liking this one so far! You get some tools, and you set them up, double tapping to rotate 90 degrees... the set up kind of reminds me of Enigmo, without the EXACT rotation of the tools. So far, you need to blow up blocks that were in the way of the exit that you need to get your little orange thing into... there's a bomb that'll be let out with your orange ball (whatever) and you need to get the bomb to hit the blocks blocking the way using the tools, while placing the tools in a spot that will get the orange ball into the exit as well. Once you hit "start" you can not move the tools, unless you "reset" but you're given stars based on how many tries it takes you to get your tools set up correctly.

So far, it's a neat little puzzle game, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit! =o)

Recommended if you're into this kinda thing... especially at a buck, with there being 55 levels, it's WELL worth it! =o)

**edit**

Im sorry, I've never played the Incredible Machine, so I can't make a comparison...
06-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Well it's not that similar to The Incredible Machine but that isn't a bad thing. The problem I am finding with it is that the levels are almost TOO well thought out and TOO complicated for the small touch screen. It's difficult to move the pieces to the precise position - and I have small fingers, can't imagine someone with larger fingers playing well. There is so much on the screen it is pretty hard to make out the stuff you get and what you need to do.

That being said though it is a nice game based on a familiar concept. These games generally work well on the touchscreen and I think this game would be great on the iPad. Intricate level design and well thought out puzzles are evident. Not sure that I like the one and done of each level as the star scoring system is based on that. The first level of the tutorial took me 6 tries so I got 2 stars and that is that - I tried to replay it and sadly it remembered I already played it.

It is also one of those games where you must unlock one level at a time. Get stuck on one get stuck forever. Would benefit from opening 3 levels at a time so that you have the opportunity to skip a pesky level and still continue on - but only have 3 levels open at any time so you would have to return to some ones you were stuck on to proceed. Just feels less game ending that way.

There was a lot of care and work that went into this game - very apparent. Hate to say almost TOO much detail though.
06-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Here's a rather poor quality gameplay video of the 3rd and 4th level for those that are curious. Not easy to focus with the video camera.

Last edited by DevTron3030; 06-07-2011 at 10:11 PM.
06-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
WOW!! I don't know how I missed this...

but you can CREATE YOUR OWN LEVELS, AND SHARE THEM, BROWSE LEVELS THAT OTHER'S HAVE MADE!!!!

I'm so freak'n excited with this game now!!! I really can't believe that HUGE part of the game slipped past me!!!!

ENDLESS AMOUNT OF LEVELS!!!! SO FREAK'N COOL!!! =oD
06-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
WOW!! I don't know how I missed this...

but you can CREATE YOUR OWN LEVELS, AND SHARE THEM, BROWSE LEVELS THAT OTHER'S HAVE MADE!!!!

I'm so freak'n excited with this game now!!! I really can't believe that HUGE part of the game slipped past me!!!!

ENDLESS AMOUNT OF LEVELS!!!! SO FREAK'N COOL!!! =oD
Yeee, I see your excitement! LOL
But The incredible machine is at another level...maybe I'll give this a try, but it's not enough "casual" for me...all that rotations and that objects to move...I became lazy in the last months!

I love this world!
06-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Finally got a few minutes to play this. Great concept and it does have a similar feel to games like Enigmo, Feed Me Oil and even Kami Retro. However, I do find it to be much more difficult to figure out where best to place objects, etc.

I realize there's a tutorial, but I think the game would benefit greatly from in-game tutorials (in addition to the one easy level at the beginning) that kind of give you a feel for the various objects. Feed Me Oil is a good example of how it kind of eased you into the game. Some of my examples aren't easy games, but I still didn't feel as stumped as I do with this game.

I agree with New England Gamer that you can tell a lot of effort went into the puzzles for the game. And maybe the small screen is partly to blame. Still a good game if you're up for a challenge.

Last edited by awp69; 06-07-2011 at 10:08 PM.
06-07-2011, 11:16 PM
We've had a few requests to post a video showing how to pass level 2. Here you go! (I apologize for the poor quality. Best I could do on short notice)

Youtube link | Pop Up