★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Clay Kohut
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.6 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: The turtle zombie apocalypse has begun and the fate of all turtle-kind rests in your green, leathery claws!

Zombie Turtle Defense is a fast and fun dual-stick survival/shooter game with three unique game modes: Kill the Zombie Turtles, Collect the Turtle Food, and Survival.

ZTD offers tons of zombies, high replay value, and one of the best dual-stick experiences on the iPhone.

But don't take it from me...

===

"Zombie Turtle Defense is a fun little action jaunt, which -- rather pleasingly -- requires more skill than you than you'd initially expect. This challenging level of difficulty and engaging style of play complement the simple yet pretty graphics perfectly, making ZTD just as good for longer stints as it is short sharp burst of play." - Simon Potticary, TouchArcade

===

- Kill the Zombie Turtles!

- Collect the Turtle Food!

- Unlock Survival mode by beating Campaign levels!

- Intense Action!

- Thrilling Escapes!

- Music by Achim Tober!

CrazyCrazyCrazy's comments:
Zombie Turtle Defense is a dual-stick survival/shooter game for the iPhone.

Gameplay vid of the first two levels (showcasing two different game modes, Kill the Zombie Turtles and Collect the Turtle Food)

Youtube link | Pop Up

06-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey Everyone,

I've been working on Zombie Turtle Defense for quite some time now and have finally released it!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and more than likely integrated into the game.

I've got an update already on the way containing more levels and plan to constantly expand the application with new content.

Thanks a lot, everyone! Let me know what you think!

- Clay Kohut

06-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
cool... added to wish list... =oP
06-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Just added a gameplay video to the top of this thread.
06-08-2011, 10:44 AM
This definitely looks interesting. Any impressions?

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm glad to hear the interest! Try the game out! You won't be disappointed!

Last edited by CrazyCrazyCrazy; 06-08-2011 at 03:09 PM.
06-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hmmm... I've only played the first 4 stages, but here's my first impressions...

There are no animations for killing the zombie turtles, or for when you die... the screen doesn't keep you centered like most dual-stick games do... so you are bound to end up under your thumbs, and sometimes there's enemies that you can't see until they come out from under your thumbs, sometimes it's too late. There's also no enemy AI. The zombie turtles come straight at you. No zig-zagging, nothing... this can work for you, when trying to get around them, you can lead them where you want to very easily. The turtle shells that you shoot disappear when they hit rocks... it would be VERY nice if they bounced off of the rocks... I've never seen a turtle shell just disappear when hitting a rock... =o/

The retro like graphics are pretty decent, and you can fire in ALL directions, not just up, down, left, right, up-right, up-left... like some DS shooters. It's challenging enough... and the music is pretty cool. As far as I can tell, there's 5 stages. Each stage can be played in Campaign or Survival mode.

I do hope that this game will get some enhancements and a butt load of stages in the future updates. I will be keeping it on my iPod, because it does have the potential to be a pretty good game.

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 06-08-2011 at 03:33 PM.
06-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Yep, having spent some time playing this today, I totally concur with Syntheticvoid.

As an eighties gamer, I'm a massive retro/pixel art fan and with it's relaxed yet engaging, take on the twin-stick genre I'm pleased to say ZTD will appeal to a pretty broad range of gamers. The refreshingly simple pixel graphics will attract the old skool crew (myself included), the shoot 'em up style gameplay will appeal to arcade fans, the (fairly steep) difficulty suit hardcore player and the turtle zombies theme will no doubt attract a younger audience too.

With regards to development areas, the main problem is the camera centring issue that my esteemed fellow Touch Arcadian flagged. Although more an annoyance than a problem? I would assume this is easily corrected.

For me at least, the only other element in need of some TLC relates to the virtual twin-stick controls. Again, this is nothing particularly problematic, but I found the left movement control to be a little sticky. However, within 5 or 10 minutes of play, I easily managed to adapt my style of play to the movement characteristics. It should be borne in mind that this slight stickiness only became more troublesome when there were high numbers of enemies within my immediate vicinity, hampering my ability to evade them effectively.

In summary, Zombie Turtle Defense is a fun little action jaunt, which -- rather pleasingly -- requires more skill than you than you'd initially expect. This challenging level of difficulty and engaging style of play complement the simple yet pretty graphics perfectly, making ZTD just as good for longer stints as it is short sharp burst of play.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
06-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks a ton, Syntheticvoid and Simon, for your extremely constructive comments. I'm busy implementing your suggestions into the game for it's first update!

The update should be out in about a week will include 5 all new levels in addition to a few new features!

Thanks again! I really love hearing back from the players!

- Clay
06-08-2011, 09:39 PM
A few promo codes:

4JEHX4WJHWM3
P3WERXLN7HEP
AYH6EN6XKAF4
FWP34Y9YPKMR
R3LTTN3HX6H4

Please post if you use one and let me know what you think!

Thanks a lot,
Clay