uhh. yes it is. o_O
Is not.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:29 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
let's not nit-pick... =oP

it basically is... but no... it's not ENDLESS because you can only go until the sun sets...
You could say the same about any "endless runner" that ends the game when you fall down a pit. It's just a different endgame concept where your speed influences your lifespan.

Last edited by SkyMuffin; 06-08-2011 at 09:35 PM..
Old 06-08-2011, 09:37 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
You could say the same about any "endless runner" that ends the game when you fall down a pit. It's just a different endgame concept.
Tiny Wings presents no game-ending obstacles for you to avoid. Not a single one. It is a timing game, with predetermined finite rounds in which your skill determines how far you progress. You're welcome to think of it as an endless runner variant and I am not trying to convince you otherwise, just stating that I personally find it significantly different enough to not lump into that genre.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:43 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Tiny Wings presents no game-ending obstacles for you to avoid. Not a single one. It is a timing game, with predetermined finite rounds in which your skill determines how far you progress. You're welcome to think of it as an endless runner variant and I am not trying to convince you otherwise, just stating that I personally find it significantly different enough to not lump into that genre.
I don't really see why hills with different sized slopes are not considered obstacles, because they certainly are. Tiny Wings is more than just good timing-- it's also about knowing when to dive and when not to, just as an endless runner is about when to jump/when not to. 1000 Heroz' use of slopes and obstacles in combination with the right timing is basically the same. Just because one has flying and the other jumping doesn't make any difference.

Also, all endless runners have predetermined finite rounds based on skill. Come on now.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:51 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Personally I've gotten more out of the first level alone than out of every "complete" endless runner game I've ever tried.
Agreed and I think I have played them all.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:52 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

what is with the comparisons to endless runners? I'd think you'd want to keep the "this is better than..." comments in the same genre...
Old 06-08-2011, 10:14 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I haven't checked yet today, but was really hoping this game wouldn't get marred by leaderboard hacks. That would really make the enjoyment level take a hit in the gut in this case in particular. I've wondered before actually and perhaps a dev or someone savvy can answer: can nothing really be done to ensure the leaderboards stay legit?
Yeah, I don't care about the gold, but if people can hack their run times that's going to make this a whole lot less fun. :(
Old 06-08-2011, 10:16 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

yeah the gamecenter boards for mos have a BUNCH of fake times on it... sucks... almost makes leaderboards useless...
Old 06-08-2011, 11:02 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
I haven't checked yet today, but was really hoping this game wouldn't get marred by leaderboard hacks. That would really make the enjoyment level take a hit in the gut in this case in particular. I've wondered before actually and perhaps a dev or someone savvy can answer: can nothing really be done to ensure the leaderboards stay legit?
Hi guys, yes we are aware someone seems to have cheated, but the good news is the leader boards are on our server, so we can react quickly to clean up illegitimate scores and work to resolve the issue.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:15 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Joined TouchArcade...
And confused about the truck at the end
I love the idea of the leaderboards only being open for a day. I missed out on the first one because I downloaded the game and then slept but am going to try get something on the second one
Love the game and can't wait to see what's instore tomorrow!