★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Disney
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 24.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: WINNER***BEST iPHONE/iPAD GAME OF E3***IGN

Play the original physics-based puzzler on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad! Now with 75 levels including an all-new Experts Pack!

Named one of the best 150 games of all time, THE INCREDIBLE MACHINE challenges you to solve puzzles by building comically-engineered contraptions to accomplish simple objectives.

INCREDIBLE FUN

75 Levels to test your skills. Packs include Newtons Playground, Pipeworks, The Cast, Experts, and more. Additional puzzle packs are also available for download with more coming soon.

INCREDIBLE ITEMS

Pipes, balls, belts, ropes, rockets, lasers and more. More than 90 items to build with.

INCREDIBLE COMPETITION

Connect to Game Center and compete for the most stars earned.

With simple touch controls, Retina Display graphics, original music, and great sound effects, THE INCREDIBLE MACHINE delivers invention, physics, and hours of fun.
06-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Bought, bought and bought.

Would have gotten Amazing Machine but no iPad version then tada the original deal came along. Yay.

06-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Loved the original for the Mac ! This is a must-have. I can't remember - was this a Disney game way back when, or did they buy the rights ?

In any case, that's one more for my collection of classic games. I hope it's as good as I remember it being !!!

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
06-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Great game, but you only get 4 packs beside tutorial, the last 3 packs are IAP.
06-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Beyond having a lot less levels, it also feels easier and somewhat slower than Casey's Contraptions. Also, I don't like the graphical style, with its abstract conventions (a boy about the same size as a rat, a cat the size of a football, etc) and I think Casey's control method is better.
On the plus side, Incredible Machine needs less tinkering to implement the solution once you've thought it up.
Overall, though, I like Casey's Contraptions better.

ALL-TIME TOP TEN: 1 Magic 2013 - 2 Cut The Rope - 3 Infinity Blade - 4 Soosiz - 5 FIFA 13 - 6 Anomaly Warzone Earth - 7 Plants vs Zombies - 8 Death Rally - 9 Space Miner - 10 Momonga
PLAYING: The World Ends With You, Gemini Rue, Jacob Jones, Football Manager 2013

Last edited by Eddie; 06-08-2011 at 08:01 AM.
06-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Looks like a quick conversion to me. I skip and stick to Casey.
06-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Normally, I would be very excited for something like this. I was a HUUUGE fan of Incredible Machine on PC about ten years ago, and have wanted to see a current-gen revival for quite some time.

However, there have been so many knockoffs of Incredible Machine released for iOS alone, that it's hard to get enthused when the genuine article shows up. The fact that its iPad only also kills the buzz for me as well, since many of the other knockoffs have worked perfectly fine on the iPhone in the past.

Maybe, MAAAYBE, if this comes to iPhone I might give it a shot, but I'm sure there are better and cheaper alternatives out there.

Check out my video reviews!Click here
06-08-2011, 12:03 PM
I have to agree that Casey's Contraptions is a great puzzler ! One of my favorite games right now.

It's too bad that Incredible Machine seems to be light on content, since you have to purchase extra levels. I'll have to see how much the total cost would be before I take the plunge. It would be nice if we got complete games when they are first released. I'm fine with updated extra content later, but having to nickel and dime from the get-go is really annoying. Charge a bit more, and let me just have the whole thing all at once !

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !

Last edited by quebecotr; 06-08-2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
06-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone else bought this and can help me out. I've 3 starred EVERY level included in the original purchase except the one I've included an image in. I can get it with one star no problem. The tools I can use are shown at the bottom of the image. The only times I've managed to get 3 stars the bowling ball winds up no where near the crate. Can anyone help with this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TIM.png
Views:	7
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	34157  
06-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Try using the see-saw in between the two platforms at the top. I don't know how far the see-saw goes up or down in this version, but in theory, you should be able to place it so that the baseball is able to find its way across and hit the switch, but the bowling ball falls between the gap created from lifting the see-saw.

You should also use a conveyor belt and one or both of the shelves to make the baseball also hit the second explosive. The bowling ball should roll into the place where the second explosive is placed. Use the conveyor belt from there to get the ball into the basket.

I hope that helps.

Check out my video reviews!Click here