★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Bug Wings

06-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Bug Wings

Hi guys,

I work at Developer DR Studios and was the sole artist on our univeral app called bugwings.

its recieved a good review so hopefully everyone will enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it

Last edited by Jayce76; 06-08-2011 at 03:31 AM.
06-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Looks cool but after reading the one review it has in the App Store, I'm definitely holding off.

06-09-2011, 03:32 AM
yeah thats the US store, his issue is unfounded, seems to be a noob with i09 touch devices. On the UK site we are mostly 5 stars with a couple of 4
06-09-2011, 04:21 AM
Originally Posted by Jayce76 View Post
yeah thats the US store, his issue is unfounded, seems to be a noob with i09 touch devices. On the UK site we are mostly 5 stars with a couple of 4
Also in Germany, its been given a 5 star review, its just someone not realising he has to select the bug to continue as is now stated in the app text.

06-09-2011, 04:54 AM
I am also a developer at DR Studios in the UK.

We're hoping that you guys could try the game and provide some honest reviews on the US App Store.

The game is not "buggy" as the 1* review suggests. It's just that it may not be clear to all players that you have to tap a bug to select it and continue.

We hope that just a handful of good reviews should be enough to say how great this game really is.

If you like arcade flight games that require skill then we think you'll like Bug Wings. The 4 player party mode is a favourite in our office
06-10-2011, 11:18 AM
I've played a couple levels and can honestly say that this is a great game. It's unfortunate that you got that 1 star review because it's definitely a 4-5 star game. Very relaxing and enjoyable gameplay, great controls, and unlike that review states, it is glitch free. I'm trying to leave you a rating/review in the app store but it keeps giving me an error message. I'll try again later, maybe it's just a temporary glitch with the app store.
06-10-2011, 12:24 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

It looks like a fun game. Good luck with it. If the review is in error, one can always press the "report a problem" and Apple can look at removing it. They don't always, but it is possible.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-10-2011, 04:21 PM
No bug in Bug Wings; Just lots of fun

This is a beautiful and challenging game that I almost didn't get because I thought it was designed for young children. It took me a few minutes to get a feel for the flying maneuvers, but once my brain caught on to the proper flying techniques this captivated me for well over an hour. Highly recommended -- for old kids and young-at-heart adults.
06-16-2011, 03:50 AM
Hi Guys,

An update is now live addressing a few minor things. Thanks for your kind feedback we are glad you like it! Spread the work

Additions are...
★ Bug selection and level loading UI improvements
★ Support for both device orientations
★ Reduced default sensitivity for new players