★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Downloaded over 400,000 times! ***Top 30 Games in the USA, Germany, France, China and Canada!***
Slide To Play: 4/4
AppSpy: 5/5

The Guardian's 11th best smartphone game of 2011, until Keith tells me off!

***Top 50 Apps in the USA, Canada, France, China!***

***Number 3 in the Quality Index's Top 10 iPhone games of June 2011***

***Number 10 in the Quality Index's Top 10 iPhone games of the last 6 months!***

Slide To Play: 4/4 "You will believe...that lines have feelings, too."

AppSpy: 5/5 "Amusing writing, multiple modes and competitive AI go a long way to revive this classic game."

Fusion-Gamer 10/10 "Humor, simplicity, difficulty, originality & a damn good soundtrack all blend together to create the perfect app package."

Pixelated Sausage: 5/5 "Hard Lines is one of the best iPhone games I've played in quite some time."

Daily Joypad: 5/5 "Some of the most stylish retro visuals seen on the App store."

148Apps: 4.5/5 "Hard Lines is a little gem simply put. Its immensely enjoyable offering that just one more go mentality."

Edge Online: 8/10 "Original, funny and intense, this score-attack game is anything but an idle distraction."

Take on all comers, avoid collisions and score MILLIONS of points in this stunning game of skill and quick reflexes!

Guide our plucky underdog hero Lionel in his epic task to KILL ALL LINES, pick up lovely GLOWY THINGS, fight for survival (in SPAAAAAACE!) and most importantly DON'T CRASH! This is literally the funniest game you will ever play that has a glowing yellow line as the main character.

Outwit the hilarious AI in a never-ending quest for points and glory on the worldwide leaderboards!

Aim to beat your personal best or compete against friend's high scores over 6 distinctly fast, fun and frantic gameplay modes.

Inspired by classic arcade games from years gone by (you know the ones we're talking about!), we've brought them kicking and screaming onto your iOS device!

Screen-searing graphics, a bass-thumping retro soundtrack and endless replay value make this must-play package unlike anything else you've played.

Features:

Hilarious Quips
Spiffy Leaderboards
Natty OpenFeint integration
6 Lovely Game Modes
Crivens! Endless Replay Value

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

06-08-2011, 05:25 AM
Arhh why does this happen nearly every week. This looks really cool. I'm going back to the 80,s maybe early 90's tonight with a tron a like game and a laser disc type game (dragons lair 2).

06-08-2011, 05:30 AM
Cool game!

Antony
06-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Ummm no Game Center?, But it has OF? Why?, I feel that for a game to be big it needs Game Center. And i feel that the devs of this game have let what looks to be a perfect game down.

Take a look at the top 25 for Australia, Feed Me Oil, Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Rio, Icebreaker, Cut the Rope, Seasons, Deal or No Deal,Doodle Jump, Dino Cap, PvZ, Pocket God. Thats 13 apps from 25. So if i stop here people are going to say. "Well 12 apps don't have it how have they done it hey?" Well out of the 12 left over apps 3 are not games so don't have GC. That makes 9, and from those 9 we have tetris which is EA who don't need GC to get popular. so that means 17 out of 25 apps have GC, Proving that developers and Users feel that it is a must have feature.

I will purchase the game as i enjoyed line runner but i would love to see GC included in a future update.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App and Game reviewer and news writer. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy Game Center: Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
06-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Ummm no Game Center?, But it has OF? Why?, I feel that for a game to be big it needs Game Center. And i feel that the devs of this game have let what looks to be a perfect game down.

Take a look at the top 25 for Australia, Feed Me Oil, Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Rio, Icebreaker, Cut the Rope, Seasons, Deal or No Deal,Doodle Jump, Dino Cap, PvZ, Pocket God. Thats 13 apps from 25. So if i stop here people are going to say. "Well 12 apps don't have it how have they done it hey?" Well out of the 12 left over apps 3 are not games so don't have GC. That makes 9, and from those 9 we have tetris which is EA who don't need GC to get popular. so that means 17 out of 25 apps have GC, Proving that developers and Users feel that it is a must have feature.

I will purchase the game as i enjoyed line runner but i would love to see GC included in a future update.
Mmm, yeah, I am sure it is purely the addition of Game Center that has rocketed those games to the top and not their game play
06-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Mmm, yeah, I am sure it is purely the addition of Game Center that has rocketed those games to the top and not their game play
Yeh, Sure those games are all good, With the accept'ion of deal or no deal. But i have a feeling that they would be lower if it was not for GC compatibility.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App and Game reviewer and news writer. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy Game Center: Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
06-08-2011, 08:40 AM
No GC no buy

Especially for all highscore related games I follow one rule upfront

no GC = no buy

I want to compare my scores with some friends
and as GC turned out to be most accpeted/integrated service
thats the only service Ill use.

I dont want to deal any longer with several other services like Crystal/OF
registering new nicknames , remember log in passwords etc
and have a fragmentation of my higscores/friends to compete with

...just my personal 2cents
06-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Well out of the 12 left over apps 3 are not games so don't have GC. That makes 9, and from those 9 we have tetris which is EA who don't need GC to get popular. so that means 17 out of 25 apps have GC, Proving that developers and Users feel that it is a must have feature.
Now that's some interesting math. You feel that Tetris and the three non-games should count as having game center because ...why...they don't need gamecenter?

The fact that Tetris doesn't need gamecenter is an argument against your point, not an argument supporting you. EA feeling that they don't need it is not them saying it is a must have feature.
06-08-2011, 09:13 AM
It looks interesting, but I am not sure the developer's smartest move was to start off with some guy - most people have ever heard of - from a website - most people have ever heard of - insulting the most popular iPhone game of all time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-06-08 at 9.09.10 AM.png
Views:	22
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	34127  
06-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
It looks interesting, but I am not sure the developer's smartest move was to start off with some guy - most people have ever heard of - from a website - most people have ever heard of - insulting the most popular iPhone game of all time.
I see no reason why this is a bad thing.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey