Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-08-2011, 05:19 AM
iPad

Default Hard Lines - (by Spilt Milk Studios)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 06-09-2011 at 01:36 AM..
Old 06-08-2011, 05:25 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Arhh why does this happen nearly every week. This looks really cool. I'm going back to the 80,s maybe early 90's tonight with a tron a like game and a laser disc type game (dragons lair 2).
Old 06-08-2011, 05:30 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen)

Cool game!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:33 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Ummm no Game Center?, But it has OF? Why?, I feel that for a game to be big it needs Game Center. And i feel that the devs of this game have let what looks to be a perfect game down.

Take a look at the top 25 for Australia, Feed Me Oil, Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Rio, Icebreaker, Cut the Rope, Seasons, Deal or No Deal,Doodle Jump, Dino Cap, PvZ, Pocket God. Thats 13 apps from 25. So if i stop here people are going to say. "Well 12 apps don't have it how have they done it hey?" Well out of the 12 left over apps 3 are not games so don't have GC. That makes 9, and from those 9 we have tetris which is EA who don't need GC to get popular. so that means 17 out of 25 apps have GC, Proving that developers and Users feel that it is a must have feature.

I will purchase the game as i enjoyed line runner but i would love to see GC included in a future update.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Ummm no Game Center?, But it has OF? Why?, I feel that for a game to be big it needs Game Center. And i feel that the devs of this game have let what looks to be a perfect game down.

Take a look at the top 25 for Australia, Feed Me Oil, Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Rio, Icebreaker, Cut the Rope, Seasons, Deal or No Deal,Doodle Jump, Dino Cap, PvZ, Pocket God. Thats 13 apps from 25. So if i stop here people are going to say. "Well 12 apps don't have it how have they done it hey?" Well out of the 12 left over apps 3 are not games so don't have GC. That makes 9, and from those 9 we have tetris which is EA who don't need GC to get popular. so that means 17 out of 25 apps have GC, Proving that developers and Users feel that it is a must have feature.

I will purchase the game as i enjoyed line runner but i would love to see GC included in a future update.
Mmm, yeah, I am sure it is purely the addition of Game Center that has rocketed those games to the top and not their game play
Old 06-08-2011, 07:48 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Mmm, yeah, I am sure it is purely the addition of Game Center that has rocketed those games to the top and not their game play
Yeh, Sure those games are all good, With the accept'ion of deal or no deal. But i have a feeling that they would be lower if it was not for GC compatibility.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:40 AM

Default No GC no buy

Especially for all highscore related games I follow one rule upfront

no GC = no buy

I want to compare my scores with some friends
and as GC turned out to be most accpeted/integrated service
thatīs the only service Iīll use.

I donīt want to deal any longer with several other services like Crystal/OF
registering new nicknames , remember log in passwords etc
and have a fragmentation of my higscores/friends to compete with

...just my personal 2cents
Old 06-08-2011, 09:05 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Well out of the 12 left over apps 3 are not games so don't have GC. That makes 9, and from those 9 we have tetris which is EA who don't need GC to get popular. so that means 17 out of 25 apps have GC, Proving that developers and Users feel that it is a must have feature.
Now that's some interesting math. You feel that Tetris and the three non-games should count as having game center because ...why...they don't need gamecenter?

The fact that Tetris doesn't need gamecenter is an argument against your point, not an argument supporting you. EA feeling that they don't need it is not them saying it is a must have feature.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:13 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

It looks interesting, but I am not sure the developer's smartest move was to start off with some guy - most people have ever heard of - from a website - most people have ever heard of - insulting the most popular iPhone game of all time.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-06-08 at 9.09.10 AM.png (303.2 KB, 22 views)
Old 06-08-2011, 09:29 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
It looks interesting, but I am not sure the developer's smartest move was to start off with some guy - most people have ever heard of - from a website - most people have ever heard of - insulting the most popular iPhone game of all time.
I see no reason why this is a bad thing.