App description: "If youre hungry for a classic gaming challenge that doesnt conform to the usual standards of app game platformers, Meganoid is worth a long look." - Appolicious 4/5

"If you enjoy platformers and especially if you played and enjoyed League of Evil, I highly recommend the game." - Pixelated sausage 4/5

"If you dont mind dying millions of times and love retro-style games, then be sure to give this decent platformer a shot." - Slidegamer

"For those of you that grew up on the Nintendo like I did, this game is for you." - PocketfulofMB - Game of the week

Meganoid gets most of its inspiration from 80s and 90s games, the pixel-art graphic style is on purpose!

** THIS GAME IS NOT EASY!

Each challenging level can be completed within a minute of gaming, making the pace of the game pretty fast, but many levels require multiply tries to complete. New levels will be added in updates!

On top of the OpenFeint achievement challenges, every level also rewards you with a Time star and a Diamond star to collect!

** CONTENTS:

90 hard levels, playable in three modes: Hero mode, Sarge mode and Oreah mode -- Sarge and Oreah mode need unlocking!

More levels are coming in updates soon, check our blog to keep informed!

** GAME STYLE

Meganoid comes in full 8bit retro pixelart style, complete with chiptune and sound effects, we personally love this style, and it fits the genre!

This could be the coolest 2d platform side scroller you can find ;)

Keep updated on this game by checking: http://www.orangepixel.net/meganoid/

** BUGS

if you run into problems or the game wont work on your device, instead of just rating 1 star, you could help us fix it by providing feedback!

** WHAT OTHERS SAID:

"It's hard, it's fast and it's very addictive!" - Thotep

"The retro feel is spot on with it's devious levels and secret areas" - MadElk

"Relive the NES-period! :-)" - Gert-Jan

"Just what I needed... ...another hugely frustrating 8-bit-style game to destroy my sanity" - hopscotchjunkie

"Exactly how a platform game should be." - Elliot

"Start playing this pearl." - Salih

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

06-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Quote:

** THIS GAME IS NOT EASY!

Each challenging level can be completed within a minute of gaming, making the pace of the game pretty fast, but many levels require multiply tries to complete. New levels will be added in updates!
This is quite interesting to me.

Antony

06-08-2011, 05:42 AM
clone of league evil ?

Gamecenter: italodance / PSN: italodancemp3

iOS MFi Controller: MOGA Ace Power

Last edited by italodance; 06-08-2011 at 05:51 AM.
06-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by italodance View Post
clone of league evil ?
Here it seems that you cant wall-jump, so i think not a clone of LoE. Buying tonight

Last edited by Lance_TA; 06-08-2011 at 06:04 AM.
06-08-2011, 06:05 AM
Argh this looks sweet. looks like it's a good night for games.
06-08-2011, 06:05 AM
I have this for Android, and it's a really excellent patformer. Definitely worth getting on iOS.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
06-08-2011, 06:18 AM
awesome!!! SO MANY great games are coming out!! I'm going to go broke! =o/

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass
06-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
awesome!!! SO MANY great games are coming out!! I'm going to go broke! =o/
You and me both bro! I'll definitely be picking this up tonight..!!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
06-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Been following the developer on twitter for some time now, and no it's definitely not a LoE clone. It was first made for Android then ported over; looks really good too!

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
06-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Will buy, will buy as soon as it appears in appstore!

I love this world!