★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: RedLynx Ltd
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 28.5 MB
  • Version: 1.7.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: PLAYED MORE THAN 150 MILLION TIMES!

Run, jump and race through forest, desert and ice!
Discover the perfect route to make the fastest time
Collect Stars and Relics

1000 Heroz is a unique combination of racing and platforming. There are 1000 levels available to play, so you always have something new to try. Each level gives you a new hero, and every hero has a signature relic that you can earn - collect them all by running through each level as quickly as possible.

FEATURES
Ton of content: 1000 levels available
Relics: A new relic in every level - can you collect them all?
Gather stars, points and coins and track your progress in the Hall of Records

REVIEWS & COMMENTS

"1000 Heroz is one of the best app platformers I have ever played."
- Dan Kricke, Yahoo! Games

"It's amazing how compulsive 1000 Heroz becomes as you attempt to best the often sadistic time challenges."
- IGN

"1000 Heroz promises to be like nothing youve ever played, and we think youll love it."
- Cult of Mac

"A gorgeous, zany, and wonderfully crafted time attack racer."
iFanzine

About RedLynx
RedLynx, a Ubisoft studio, is the developer behind the award-winning stunt racer Trials HD and acclaimed iPhone games such as DrawRace, MotoHeroz and the Monster Trucks Nitro series.
06-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Yeah! Thanks for making this thread. I just downloaded the game a short while ago and will be giving it a shot later today. I'm a big fan of RedLynx, so I have high hopes.

The only thing I wish, right off the bat, is that they had used the approach other devs have been using of late, of having a cheaper iPhone version and then an HD version that is Universal. But even buying both is only $3, so it's not a big deal, I suppose.

06-08-2011, 12:01 PM
hmmm...

Awesome game!!! clear buy recommendation but

as this is a pure highscore game which I assume to play
on a daily basis on my iPhone & iPad (whatever is handy)

I don't want to deal with different highscore/achievement lists
just because i play it on two different devices

Therefore I def. don't buy the HD version and just play
the upscaled 2x version on the iPad

Important: it's not about the money and I would be fine to pay
3 bucks for a universal build

...hope someday the devs understand this issue and don't offer
separate HD versions for highscore centric games
From my impression this is already the case as more and more universal
apps are showing up
06-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Webdaffy:

This game has it's own highscore server, so there's no different list on ipad and iphone. So you can play with any of your devices. Some data is local though (relics and level stars). But otherwise you can make highscores with both devices
06-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by traplightgames View Post
Webdaffy:

This game has it's own highscore server, so there's no different list on ipad and iphone. So you can play with any of your devices. Some data is local though (relics and level stars). But otherwise you can make highscores with both devices
Awesome!! wasn't aware that this is possible

...HD version bought!!
06-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Well this game caught me by surprise.

I love, love, love platform games so when I saw the screenshots and read the description, I thought it was a platform game with new twists every day. I didn't pay much attention to the daily part.

I was very confused at first. I only got 1 level to play, I couldn't play anything else. In all honesty, I was pretty upset at my purchase. But you know what? I've been coming back all day to this game to try to beat my score.

Once I got over the "1 short level per day" shock I was able to enjoy the game. I cannot wait until tomorrow, and then remaining 998 days.
06-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Yep all high scores are kept together, I play the iPad version and my wife plays the iPhone version and it is nice to see both names on one board.
06-08-2011, 01:25 PM
So do the 1000 heroz characters have any different abilities or attributes or is it just 1000 different skins for the main character?
06-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I am loving this game. Two levels released so far and I think I will be looking forward to the daily unlock for a long time.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
06-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
So do the 1000 heroz characters have any different abilities or attributes or is it just 1000 different skins for the main character?
Each one has slightly different characteristics, which on top of the different courses means a different feel each day. I loved this so much I bought the iPhone version too! Also, there is a TOUCHARCADE custom leaderboard. Go into the options and enter that name for the leaderboard, no spaces. There's 30 people on there last I checked. I was at #15 and no doubt dropping.

It's such a brilliant idea for a game. I've been recommending it willy nilly. Or at least as willy nilly as I could get so far.