★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hungribles tasty dev news and chat [Futuremark Games Studio]

06-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Hungribles tasty dev news and chat [Futuremark Games Studio]

Hey guys and girls, I'm FM_kingkatt from Futuremark Games Studio, the developer of new iOS game Hungribles. I look after community and marketing for our small team and I'll be posting Hungribles news regularly in this thread for those that want to follow along. I'm also happy to answer any questions you have, so ask away!

Hungribles is a new skill shot puzzle game featuring tiny creatures with massive appetites. Their cravings are so powerful they can pull food through the air and into their waiting mouths. Only by feeding them tasty orbs can you satisfy their incredible hungers but when Hungribles get together you'll have your hands full trying to feed them all.

Click to enlarge

The aim of the game is to feed the Hungribles and make them happy. You do this by launching tasty orbs from a strange glowing mushroom slingshot, of course! Each Hungrible's appetite affects the path of the tasty orb as it flies across the screen. Feeding a Hungrible can also affect its behavior and the challenge comes from predicting the trajectory of each orb and figuring out the best feeding order.

Click to enlarge

Earn score bonuses by bouncing orbs off walls, curving them around Hungribles or hitting the Pot of Gold. Perfectionists can try to achieve a three star rating on every level. Compared to other physics-based puzzlers, in Hungribles there is more skill to aiming and the gravity inspired appetite effect is unique.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hungribles is our first iOS title, coming to iPhone and iPad this summer. We're profiled in this month's EDGE magazine if you'd like to know a little more about our studio.

Hungry for more?
There's lots more good news to come!
Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Last edited by FM_kingkatt; 06-15-2011 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Added gameplay trailer. Added screenshots.
06-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Here are the Yogscast guys having fun with our teaser trailer. This made the studio team laugh a lot, hope you enjoy it too.

We're already working on our next trailer which will feature ... gasp ... actual gameplay. Stay tuned.

06-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
haha. I love that poster. The art is fantastic. Can't wait to see some actual gameplay.
06-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
haha. I love that poster. The art is fantastic.
Thanks. Our last game was a serious, hardcore FPS so it's been a real change to work on something so different. The art guys have had a lot of fun with this and the audio will put a smile on your face too.
06-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Lol nice teaser. Made me laugh. Your last game looked fantastic so I'm sure this will be awesome too.
06-10-2011, 01:55 AM
I just watched the first draft of our new trailer and it needs a few tweaks but I think you'll love it. It should answer a lot of your questions, namely, "What do you actually do in this game??!!" The final version of the trailer should be ready next week.
06-13-2011, 06:38 AM
We've just released the very first screenshots from Hungribles so now you can see what the game actually looks like! I've added some captions to explain what you are seeing and give you some insight into how the game works.

The aim of the game is to feed the Hungribles and make them happy. You do this by launching tasty orbs from a strange glowing mushroom slingshot. Pull back with one finger on the screen, slide on the screen to aim and then let go to let fly!

Click to enlarge

Hungribles are so hungry that they literally draw food towards them, an effect that is a bit like gravity. Each Hungrible's appetite affects the path of the tasty orb as it flies across the screen. Feeding a Hungrible can also affect its behavior and the challenge comes from predicting the trajectory of each orb and figuring out the best feeding order.

Click to enlarge

Earn score bonuses by bouncing orbs off walls, curving them around Hungribles or hitting the Pot of Gold. Perfectionists can try to achieve a three star rating on every level. Compared to other physics-based puzzlers, in Hungribles there is more skill to aiming and the gravity inspired appetite effect is unique.

These screens are from the iPad version but the game is coming to iPhone too.

Last edited by FM_kingkatt; 06-15-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Replaced screens with smaller versions.
06-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Game looks good, well done.

Would love to see more gameplay

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

Last edited by triggywiggy; 06-13-2011 at 07:10 AM.
06-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
A little suggestion. Maybe do this in the IPhone and IPod Games Section.
I thought this was the section for upcoming iPhone games?
06-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FM_kingkatt View Post
I thought this was the section for upcoming iPhone games?
Yeh sorry, Thought i was in the General Section, I was on IPod when doing that post, So could not see what section i was in, Sorry

I edited the post anyways about 4 mins ago when you must have typed this.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!