★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Contre Jour (physics platformer from Chillingo) [Releasing on 25/Aug]

06-08-2011, 02:25 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Contre Jour (physics platformer from Chillingo) [Releasing on 25/Aug]

Chillingo is on a roll!

http://www.touchgen.net/e3-contre-jour-first-look-video
60 levels across 3 worlds.

Last edited by arta; 06-10-2011 at 01:46 AM.
06-08-2011, 02:29 PM
This has to be the game with the most impressive
art style I have ever seen. Deeply impressed me!

06-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Wow.... Now that, is art. Wonderful visuals and the gameplay looks so elegant. Superb background music. It looks like Limbo mixed with World of Goo and a sprinkle of Sword and Sworcery.
06-08-2011, 03:21 PM
That looks awesome! Nice art style although, this and Feed Me Oil is a bit questionable.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
06-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Wow.... Now that, is art. Wonderful visuals and the gameplay looks so elegant. Superb background music. It looks like Limbo mixed with World of Goo and a sprinkle of Sword and Sworcery.
Limbo is my favourite game of the last 12 months and Sword & Sworcery and World of Goo are two of the best games on the entire App Store.

With these three perhaps influencing Contra Jour directly I'm soooo looking forward to this. I remember simply aching for Infinity Blade, Rage and Real Racing 2 this time last year, but I've never wanted any iOS game more than I want Contra Jour right now.

It's beautiful, it's challenging, it's clever and it's my MOST WANTED GAME EVER!!!!

Man, you gotta love Chillingo!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
06-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Potticary View Post
Limbo is my favourite game of the last 12 months and Sword & Sworcery and World of Goo are two of the best games on the entire App Store.

With these three perhaps influencing Contra Jour directly I'm soooo looking forward to this. I remember simply aching for Infinity Blade, Rage and Real Racing 2 this time last year, but I've never wanted any iOS game more than I want Contra Jour right now.

It's beautiful, it's challenging, it's clever and it's my MOST WANTED GAME EVER!!!!

Man, you gotta love Chillingo!
Oh, by the way....do we definitely know that this is coming to iPhone?? Only it was covered by Touch Gen this morning, but they only mentioned an iPad release?!!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
06-08-2011, 04:00 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Don't forget the monster eyes from Feed Me Oil.
06-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Potticary View Post
Oh, by the way....do we definitely know that this is coming to iPhone?? Only it was covered by Touch Gen this morning, but they only mentioned an iPad release?!!

Hey guys,
I'm Mokus the developer of CJ.
Thank you for your words - it's amazing that you like the game so much. There is nothing that motivates me more than kind words and positive feedback.

Yes it will be available for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch. It also supports retina.
It works even on older devices but some effects are turned off for 3G and the first iPhone.
It will be also a universal app so you buy it only once for all of your devices.
06-08-2011, 05:07 PM
that is awesome! wow.
06-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokus View Post
It works even on older devices but some effects are turned off for 3G and the first iPhone.
YES! YES! YES!! Thank you sooooo MUCH!!!