★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Block Breaker 3 Unlimited (Gameloft)

06-08-2011, 03:42 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Block Breaker 3 Unlimited (Gameloft)

http://www.touchgen.net/e3-block-bre...ted-first-look
Quote:
BB3 took classic Block Breaker features and added in a lot of pinball-esque elements, which fused rather well together. After richocheting off a few blocks and walls, the ball was sent careening into a tube, around a loop, off a bumper, and into a second section of the level. This feature of multi-storied levels really made each area seem pretty huge, despite how fast everything was moving. And believe me, things move fast. Especially with all the power-ups.

Like most games in this genre, there are many powerups that can be collected throughout each level. In BB3, the powerups are passed out like TUMS at a chili-cookoff… they are constantly falling. The powers are mostly traditional, such as a bigger paddle, magnet, 3x multiball, fireballs, and lasers. The cool thing is, they overlap with each other. At one point, I was keeping track of three fireballs, shooting lazers, and trying to catch an Extra Life. Blink in this game and you’ll miss a lot. These powers and specials can be purchased in a shop using in game or premium currency, so you can always have them active if you choose.

With how fast some levels are completed, it’s fortunate there are 100 in the basic story mode alone. Levels are spread throughout seven different stages, each with different themes and difficulty. After completeing a level you gain stars based on how fast you finished, how many blocks you destroyed versus how many you missed, and how many points you earned. Once you gain enough stars you unlock a boss level, which you have to beat in order to move on to the next stage. There are eight modes total, including an endless mode, and a pretty awesome random level generator. These features will definitely add to the replay value.

Last edited by arta; 06-09-2011 at 11:45 AM.
06-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Nice!!! Block Breaker Deluxe 2 was one of Gameloft's best games, but lots of people overlook it because it's so old. Hopefully this will regain some attention. When I first got my fury iDevice, I was completely addicted to BBD2.

Waiting for: Chaos Rings II, Phoenix Wright 123
I will always love: Kairosoft and CAVE Co. Ltd., Capcom, Godzilab, Simogo
Feel free to add me on Gamecenter; I'm Kirbychewy!
Dodonpachi is no longer my favorite iOS game.
06-09-2011, 11:27 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
06-09-2011, 11:44 AM
This will be my guilty pleasure. The first Gameloft game I'm genuinely looking forward to. Well... I was excited about Driver but that's not really their game.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ