★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Durak - Russian Card Game is out !

04-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Durak - Russian Card Game is out !

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=309482407&mt=8

I've been waiting for a Durak (Doo-Rock) game for some time, and it's finally here. Played a few rounds and truly enjoying the ui.

Hats off to the developers!

Any Russians on this forum or any other members interested in this game or have played this game before, i highly recommend you look into this.

Looks like you can even play against live opponents thru wifi!

Must stop playing and get ready for work....
04-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Yes, up to 4 players wi-fi mode! Online multiplayer - thats my dream now.
I like the UI too, great game, also want to see more card skins
My review here (Russian)

04-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks will pick this up always interested in other countries popular card games.
04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Picked this up also, but prob won't get to play until Sunday night. Will post my impressions Monday

Don't check this site or private messages often.
04-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Hey,

Glad everyone is enjoying the game. We put a lot of love into it.

If you go into the settings menu and click browse you can choose any image from your photo library to appear on the back of the cards. Your not limited.

Please message me or visit www.losttoken.com with questions, concerns.

Also, we appreciate any and all reviews in the iTunes store.
04-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Welcome!

I love the game so far (couldn't resist playing it a bit).

I don't understand what makes someone's attack turn end and someone's defend turn begin and viceversa, though. Right now my strategy consists of defending with higher cards and use all my low cards when attacking so that I save my good cards for defending

04-16-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm playing just 2 player java game online to get a feel for it. Will switch to 4 player soon and give it a spin.
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/gurtov/d...ak_applet.html
Nice long rules here http://www.pagat.com/beating/durak.html

I think your turn ends when you can't attack. Remember to attack you must place a card of the same rank that's on the board. So say you play an 8 and he defends with a Queen. You can now play an 8 or a Queen of a different suit. If you have neither you can no longer attack and your turn is over.

This kinda reminds me of The Great Dalmuti (where one is king and one is freaking peasant). Peasant has to do whatever the heck king wants get water, you name it. Sucks trying to work your way back up too. Worse part is game never ends!!! Also the ganging up aspect reminds me up Cosmic Encounter played few weeks ago where you ask for attackers to assist you.

Last edited by mrbass; 04-16-2009 at 02:45 PM.
04-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Durak is almost never played for money. Sometimes matchsticks are used to keep track of how many times each player or team has lost. It can be agreed that the player or team that loses most games has to pay a forfeit, such as crawling under the table and crowing like a cockerel.

04-16-2009, 06:44 PM
as someone who has grown up in Ukraine and grown up loving this game, this is awesome!!!
04-16-2009, 09:04 PM
After spending more time with this game, i can truly say this was the best $1.99 that i have ever spent.