★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Have you ever wanted to make iPhone games? Check out SDK Tutorials Cocos2D

06-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Have you ever wanted to make iPhone games? Check out SDK Tutorials Cocos2D

****COMING SOON****

LEARN TO CREATE
Probably the most important part of making any game for the App Store is learning Cocos2D, an engine that allows for animation, characters, and much, much more. If you’ve had that itch to create a game for the App Store, look no further.

LEARN TO IMAGINE
With the step-by-step tutorials in place, you’ll be able to learn anything from creating a sprite to creating an animation; all made easy through the comprehensive tutorials. There are also other lessons that include how to create a menu to how to follow a sprite, all of which are essential parts to creating a game.

LEARN TO DREAM
The dream of creating a game is instilled in nearly all boys’ hearts, and SDK Tutorials Cocos2D really lets that dream come into reality. The tutorials are professionally written for almost anyone to understand, and the large images allow you to easily understand how to do a certain topic. The easy-to-use user interface also allows anyone to access these tutorials; heck, even your toddler!

LEARN TO BE AMAZED
Nine total lessons ranging from a variety of topics will allow you to create images and animations using Cocos2D that you may not have been able to create without this tutorial. After seeing what you can create, you will be thoroughly amazed by the sheer power of Cocos2D and, really, the ability to create anything.

AppStore link: Coming Soon
06-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Very cool! Who is publishing?

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

06-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletDev View Post
Very cool! Who is publishing?
Puchkoff Media, LLC. My company.
06-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuchkoffDevelopment View Post
Puchkoff Media, LLC. My company.
I'm sure a lot of people will find it handy. I've never used Cocos2D myself but have heard it's a good straightforward tool.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

06-09-2011, 03:02 PM
How easy is it really to use. I'm an old HTML coder with notepad. A little php and a little asp.

I understand most of the dev is based around Objective and C++.....so am I on a seriously long road - i.e. - Complete Newbie....or have I got a chance?
06-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Cocos is really easy to use. The main advantage as I see it, is that their are tons of tutorials and guides available for free on the web. I am not sure how good this app will be, unless there are some tutorials that do not exist online and they do some really cool new stuff. I could be wrong though......
06-10-2011, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P3Z View Post
How easy is it really to use. I'm an old HTML coder with notepad. A little php and a little asp.

I understand most of the dev is based around Objective and C++.....so am I on a seriously long road - i.e. - Complete Newbie....or have I got a chance?
Cocos2D makes it a lot easier to handle graphics and animation. "Easy" is all in the eye of the beholder though. It is an Objective-C framework so without any knowledge of said language it won’t be…
06-16-2011, 02:27 AM
SDK Tutorials has been released!

Links:bit.ly/sdkcocos2d

Other SDK Tutorials:
bit.ly/sdkadvanced
bit.ly/sdkbeginners
06-19-2011, 12:32 PM
SDK Tutorials Cocos2D is #60 in iPad Books. Help is reach Top 50!
http://bit.ly/sdkcocos2d
Thanks!
06-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to DrummerB Send a message via MSN to DrummerB
Why is this an iPad app? Wouldn't it be better as a Mac App? How can you copy code to your Mac for example?

Developer of Practice Pro for musicians.