★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iFighter 1945 v1.8 is out! FREE for a limited time!

06-08-2011, 09:40 PM
iFighter 1945 v1.8 is out! FREE for a limited time!

New update of iFighter 1945 is out with 2 brand new missions. There are also 2 new fighters that can be unlocked by beating the game in hard difficulty or purchased through IAP.

Our games: ChocChocPop, iFighter, Stone Wars, Super Laser, Caveman's Quest HD, iFighter 2: The Pacific 1942
Twitter: http://twitter.com/epicforce
06-09-2011, 06:03 PM
I decided to jump the gun and finally switch from lurker to somewhat active forum member. So I've registered. I just want to say it's a sad sight to see this empty thread advertising iFighter's free availability for this short while. It's not the best shmup, and has been available for a long time (previously from another publisher) but it's still a quality offering from the team that brought us Super Laser. I love me some shmups for my iOS device, currently a 1st gen iPad, and this one is worth more than a look.

06-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghouls'R'us View Post
I decided to jump the gun and finally switch from lurker to somewhat active forum member. So I've registered. I just want to say it's a sad sight to see this empty thread advertising iFighter's free availability for this short while. It's not the best shmup, and has been available for a long time (previously from another publisher) but it's still a quality offering from the team that brought us Super Laser. I love me some shmups for my iOS device, currently a 1st gen iPad, and this one is worth more than a look.
so u are the lurker that stole so many codes in the last days! damn! joking...
welcome to TA forum

I love this world!
06-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Chances are this thread is so empty because iFighter has gone free 3 times in the last month or two... And the older version went free quite often as well... It's not because we don't respect the game, but because a lot of us have seen this time and time again... =oP
06-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks for making it free. It's kinda hard game...
06-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Chances are this thread is so empty because iFighter has gone free 3 times in the last month or two... And the older version went free quite often as well... It's not because we don't respect the game, but because a lot of us have seen this time and time again... =oP
I dunno... color me skeptical, but all I can really see regarding free offers for iFighter/iFighter 1945 was around August 2010, as seen on AppShopper here and here. The sale on June 3rd was a dud that lasted a few hours during the night, if that. I myself tried to grab it on the 4th but was too late. They said they were were canceling it and rescheduling later in the near future, and they held their word. Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't seem like a case of overused sale tactics.
06-10-2011, 11:35 AM
hmm i cant seem to get past mission 7 boss on hard ;( when you play hard mode... it really is hard unlike other shmups! i love the challenge though!
06-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah, it's a great game. Epic Force did an exceptional job on this and Super Laser.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
06-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
I dunno... color me skeptical, but all I can really see regarding free offers for iFighter/iFighter 1945 was around August 2010, as seen on AppShopper here and here. The sale on June 3rd was a dud that lasted a few hours during the night, if that. I myself tried to grab it on the 4th but was too late. They said they were were canceling it and rescheduling later in the near future, and they held their word. Unless I'm missing something, this doesn't seem like a case of overused sale tactics.
Thanks Ghouls'R'us! That's exactly how it happened. We initially wanted to make it free a week ago when v1.7 was out but we found a critical bug in the game code and cancelled it after just a few hours. The new update (v1.8) was approved on 9th June so we resumed our plan for the free offer.

It's really lucky for us that Apple features the game in this week's "What We're Playing" section and it really helps!

Our games: ChocChocPop, iFighter, Stone Wars, Super Laser, Caveman's Quest HD, iFighter 2: The Pacific 1942
Twitter: http://twitter.com/epicforce

Last edited by epicforce; 06-11-2011 at 09:29 PM.
06-12-2011, 12:04 AM
The difficulty is so unbalance and unforgiving. In mission 8 normal difficulty, getting hit by the purple bullets and kamikaze planes will take away up to 80% of full life bar... I guess that's to making people buy IAP...