★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rooftop Escape is NOW FREE, LIMITED TIME!

06-09-2011, 03:02 AM
Rooftop Escape is NOW FREE, LIMITED TIME!

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
06-09-2011, 04:41 AM
Nice one, thanks.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

06-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Nice one, thanks.
Look at your number of posts.... you're really TA veteran. It would be great if you can give me some feedbacks during your free time, this will be greatly appreciated. ^^

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
06-09-2011, 05:02 AM
I will give it a try, I'll post later my opinion
06-09-2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJoker View Post
I will give it a try, I'll post later my opinion
Thanks dude, I'm waiting for you here. :P

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
06-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.thai View Post
Look at your number of posts.... you're really TA veteran. It would be great if you can give me some feedbacks during your free time, this will be greatly appreciated. ^^
Haha, okay. I'll post feedback later today.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Awesome! Downloded!
06-09-2011, 06:27 AM
I'm pleasantly surprised. I've noticed people comparing this to Canabalt and it's obviously heavily inspired by it in terms of the graphics, but it's practically just as fun in its own way. I like the addition of the challenges, they give me something to do as well as going for the high score which always makes it a little more exciting. The only bad point is the same as Canabalt... I'd like to see more variation. New obstacles to avoid, maybe somehow a change in scenery... and I'd like to see some more animation on the falling man too, it'd look cool if he turned slightly left and right as he moved in that direction. I really like the "YEAH!!" graphic too, it'd be nice to add different versions of that with new text and images.

Definitely a fun game though, I'm glad I got it. I didn't have any falling games before this so it's a nice change of direction for me

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'm pleasantly surprised. I've noticed people comparing this to Canabalt and it's obviously heavily inspired by it in terms of the graphics, but it's practically just as fun in its own way. I like the addition of the challenges, they give me something to do as well as going for the high score which always makes it a little more exciting. The only bad point is the same as Canabalt... I'd like to see more variation. New obstacles to avoid, maybe somehow a change in scenery... and I'd like to see some more animation on the falling man too, it'd look cool if he turned slightly left and right as he moved in that direction. I really like the "YEAH!!" graphic too, it'd be nice to add different versions of that with new text and images.

Definitely a fun game though, I'm glad I got it. I didn't have any falling games before this so it's a nice change of direction for me
Thank you a lot for your note, it's really helpful for us for our update. And glad to hear that you enjoy the game.

Cheers,
Antony

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
06-09-2011, 08:09 PM
I gotta agree with a lot of the previously stated posters, this game is a lot more fun than I expected. It does the core gameplay very well, which is often the thing that can be off in simple games like this. The graphics have that nice canabalt feel, and while simple, it allows the game to run very smoothly. I think variation is once again the key. I don't ever want to see bright colors (if colors at all), but I think a different building (maybe try special location like a pyramid, eiffel tower but all still black and white). Besides that the game is really solid and just needs some momentum. I'd be wary of too many new obstacles that might ruin the feel, but a few would not hurt. Good luck with it.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo