★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: WordFu 1.2 submitted!

04-16-2009, 02:29 PM
WordFu 1.2 submitted! Details inside.

Hi all!

WordFu 1.2 was just submitted this morning! We have extended our Challenge Mode features to support Facebook and Twitter. Now you can enter your Facebook and Twitter credentials and post challenges to those sites.

Friends who own WordFu can play against your scores just by clicking the posted link on their iPhone and iPod Touch in the Facebook app or your favorite Twitter app! This will open WordFu on your iPhone right to the challenge. You’ll play against the same letters, settings, and score that your friends had!

In addition, we have added the ability to recover from putting your phone to sleep or receiving any interruption, like a phone call, while playing. The game will re-enter to where you left off so you can take breaks and get back to the game you were playing instead of having to restart every time.

We're currently working on French, German, and Spanish versions of WordFu as well!

As always, we're looking for feedback if you have it!

~Elio

Last edited by Elio at ngmoco; 04-16-2009 at 03:12 PM. Reason: more details
04-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio at ngmoco View Post
In addition, we have added the ability to recover from putting your phone to sleep or receiving any interruption, like a phone call, while playing. The game will re-enter to where you left off so you can take breaks and get back to the game you were playing instead of having to restart every time.
Holy cow, AWESOME.

04-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Make sure I understand this right. "right to the challenge" means say you got a score of 845 with letters S L M J G C O A Z
so your score is posted on facebook then your friends click on your challenge and it opens up with those exact same letters and gives them 2min like you had and see who gets the highest score? I assume also turns on Shaolin mode if that was on during the 845 score too.

Quote:
Hi all!
Friends who own WordFu can play against your scores just by clicking the posted link on their iPhone and iPod Touch in the Facebook app or your favorite Twitter app! This will open WordFu on your iPhone right to the challenge.
04-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Oh yeah, you should force placers to use the same set of letters in challenges!
04-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Make sure I understand this right. "right to the challenge" means say you got a score of 845 with letters S L M J G C O A Z
so your score is posted on facebook then your friends click on your challenge and it opens up with those exact same letters and gives them 2min like you had and see who gets the highest score? I assume also turns on Shaolin mode if that was on during the 845 score too.
Yeah, I'd like to know what they mean as well..

what.
04-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Exactly! It sends all your settings, your dice layout, and your score!
04-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Exactly! It sends all your settings, your dice layout, and your score!
Alllllllll riiiiight!!!
04-16-2009, 04:49 PM
This is awesome, I've been waiting for them to incorporate Twitter into this. Is there any time info on when it comes out? I hope soon!
04-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Awesome. Update week from ngmoco. Rolando, WordFu, Topple 2. Awesome!!

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
04-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFonePhanatic View Post
This is awesome, I've been waiting for them to incorporate Twitter into this. Is there any time info on when it comes out? I hope soon!
Within a week or two. It's all in Apple's hands at this point.