★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: As seen on 'Attack of the Show'

"A thrilling ride you must experience!" - AppAdvice

"This old school arcade racer has some surprisingly deep mechanics that are sure to please iOS racing junkies." - 148Apps

Revisit the good old days of arcade racers with 8 Bit Rally, the latest game developed by Photon Creations.

Race on tracks all around the world, through some of the harshest and picturesque environments against 19 other competitors all aiming for the prized 8 Bit Cup.
Earn prize money from races, purchase car upgrades & new car models, gaining that edge over the competition.

8 Bit Rally Includes:

* 40 Tracks
40 tracks set over 6 continents. Race through the deserts of Africa, the tundra of Siberia, the jungles of South America, and many more challenging environments.

* Cars & Upgrades
Upgrade your wheels, transmission, and engine to gain the edge over the competition
Choose from a list of car paintjobs across 3 different car models.

* Original Soundtrack
Race while listening to retro tunes made specifically for 8 Bit Rally.

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PhotonCreations/

N.B. You'll often lap the last placed cars, and it won't display a position change when lapping a car.

jb@photon's comments:
Our latest game at Photon Creations has just been approved & released on the App Store: 8 Bit Rally

Race on tracks all around the world, through some of the harshest and picturesque environments against 19 other competitors all aiming for the prized 8 Bit Cup.
Earn prize money from races, purchase car upgrades & new car models, gaining that edge over the competition.

App Link: 8 Bit Rally

Follow us on twitter: @PhotonCreations

Original Soundtrack by Poisoncut: Listen to it here

Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up
06-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Wow that looks awesome, i totally get the lotus challenge vibe from the amiga days

Bought!

06-09-2011, 05:55 AM
Cheers man!

It's inspired by Top Gear (snes) & Lotus challenge. Both were from same developer if i'm not mistaken.
Loved those games. We just had to make one like it
06-09-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb@photon View Post
Cheers man!

It's inspired by Top Gear (snes) & Lotus challenge. Both were from same developer if i'm not mistaken.
Oh yes, i've wasted countless hours on those back in the day and i gotta say you've really captured the spirit of those games with this one

Just had my first race and it was like being back with my amiga. Spot on controls and great music as well. I'd give this 5 stars and recommend it to anyone who has fond memories of playing this type of game back then
06-09-2011, 06:05 AM
I saw this pop up the other night and smiled. It looks fantastic, and a lot of fun.
06-09-2011, 06:09 AM
Soundtrack is custom made for 8 Bit Rally by Poisoncut:

Soundtrack
06-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Purchasing! Looks unreal...
06-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb@photon View Post
Cheers man!

Being a late eighties/early nineties gamer, I look back on Lotus Challenge and Top Gear with very fond memories. I loved almost all racers of that particular era, but my favourite was Nigel Mansell's F1. Ah, great days!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
06-09-2011, 06:13 AM
I do and i really like racing games, thx 4 sharing, cool u!
06-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Really liking the look of this game, any plans for a lite?

P.S. Make us a Road Rash game and I'll pay you anything

EDIT: Just watched the video, I'm surprised at how smooth the gameplay is. Great sense of speed as well. I'm edging ever closer to the buy button, but first a couple of questions!

1) How are the levels unlocked/accessed? Do we have to play through each one in succession or is there a level select screen?

2) Do we unlock new cars as we progress or do we always have a choice of car? Are those upgrades in the screenshot and if so, are they permanent and how do you earn the money to acquire them? Thanks

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by MidianGTX; 06-09-2011 at 06:49 AM.