★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pictoplay Plus by Digital Chocolate

04-16-2009, 02:42 PM
PICTOPLAY PLUS by DIGITAL CHOCOLATE

Has anyone tried this?

[App Store Link, 2.99]

Review of the game can be found here.

Youtube link | Pop Up

More screenshots can be found here: http://www.digitalchocolate.com/game...play-plus.html

Quote:
Experience an addictive and fun picture guessing game with Pictoplay Plus! Get up to 950 quick drawn sketches, a wide selection of game modes and great puzzle action that'll have you screaming "AHA, GOT IT!" Grab a game on-the-go or go head-to-head in a frantic multiplayer battle. Also, mix up the fun with a variety of wacky drawing styles that will truly test your brain.

PREMIUM FEATURES:
•Addictive picture guessing fun with over 950 quick drawn puzzles
•Play with your friends in a frantic multiplayer battle as you are racing for the win
•Play 5 different game modes, each offering a unique and real drawing style
•Dynamic big sketches – drawn as you watch
•Mixed up drawing styles for increased difficulty
There is also a lite version: [App Store Link, Free]

Last edited by theone1007; 04-25-2009 at 06:50 PM.
04-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Looks fun. Think I'll try the lite and see what its like.

04-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Syncing currently.
04-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Send a message via MSN to Lukearcade22
looks very similar to pictoimage by SEGA on DS

may give this one a shot!

Games I am Playing: Aiko Island, World Mosaics, Mage Gauntlet, Puzzle Quest, Time Geeks, Roll In The Hole and Sunday Lawn

Game Center ID: Lukearcade22
04-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Seems pretty neat, the game works just like the video shows. It starts drawing something, and you have to guess what it is before it finishes. The quicker you are the more points you get. One thing I'm concerned of is while there are 950 included drawings, in the couple minutes I played it I already got a duplicate. Once you see all the drawings there will be pretty much no reason to keep playing.

If you're looking for something to get your kids to play on your phone, Pictoplay would be pretty perfect.
04-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Not sure....I really like the vanishing wax mode (draws and dissappears) and the whack crayon mode (draws out of order if that makes sense) both of those add replayability. Note in the lite version your limited to two challenges per game mode namely in these three: Pictoplay Challenges, Vanishing Wax Challenges, Wacky Crayon Challenges. In the full version you can do all nine. I'm on 7/9 of Pictoplay and for instance level 6 is solve 12 pictos in 100 seconds. So it gets tougher and tougher. Multiplayer mode (on same idevice) not too keen on as it just shows the four names of plays (you can't input them no biggie) but it covers up the four possibilities so it's like a shot in the dark.
04-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Seems pretty neat, the game works just like the video shows. It starts drawing something, and you have to guess what it is before it finishes. The quicker you are the more points you get. One thing I'm concerned of is while there are 950 included drawings, in the couple minutes I played it I already got a duplicate. Once you see all the drawings there will be pretty much no reason to keep playing.

If you're looking for something to get your kids to play on your phone, Pictoplay would be pretty perfect.
Ooo...thanks for your opinions. This game seemed like a pretty interesting concept to me. Gonna try the lite version anyway and see what this is all about.
05-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Worth a $1 if any of you have kids it's a fun game to play in a car on a family trip or what not.