★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 4/5 stars - touchArcade.com
VineKing is very loveable, with charming art a strikingly original game.

4.5/5 Stars iFanzine.com
"If youre seeking a truly fresh and fun gameplay experience, look no further than VineKing buy it, play it, and relish its outlandish originality

4/5 stars - appspy.com
Vineking is unique and well madeDefinitely worth a try

4/5 Stars pauseUNpause.com
a unique, fun and deceptively simple action puzzle.

DRAW! TAP! GATHER!
The VineKing is a great multitasker! Are you?

You are the last VineKing! Your planet has been destroyed by a cataclysmic event! Use the power of the VineKing to bring life back to your planet!

Challenge yourself with the frantic and fun VineKing! DRAW! TAP! GATHER! That's what it's all about! Sounds simple, right? It is! The challenge comes in Multitasking! The unique gameplay takes the simplest of tasks and combines them to create an extremely fun and challenging experience! As the last VineKing, experience heart pumping action as you travel through over 30 increasingly more challenging levels in a journey to bring life back to the entire planet!

DRAW!
Draw lines to smash through the Lava Rock that has covered your planet so life can regrow and flourish!

TAP!
Tap monsters to defeat them and protect the VineKing from danger!

GATHER!
Gather seeds to help regrow the entire planet!

FEATURES:

~Fun, furious, and frantic gameplay!~
Enjoy the rush of VineKing! Draw! Tap! Gather! A simple and frantic game! A quick pick up and play experience with a real challenge!

~Over 30 increasingly more challenging levels!~
At first it might be easy, but each level gets progressively more challenging! Each level is a hand crafted experience!

~Game Center Support~
Over 60 achievements to earn!

~Simple upgrade system with 18 levels of character enhancements!~
As you play, invest rewards to reach new heights of power!

~Beautiful hand-drawn graphics~
A mystical and magical world from the minds of the Pixel Vandals, this is a true visual delight!

~Unique Boss Levels!~
Big bosses with big attitude! Can you stop them?

~A Host of Enemies!~
Different enemy types with different abilities. Can you deal with them all?

My world was once a place of lush green, a kingdom of life and beauty. But now it lies as only a dark shadow of its once glorious splendor. Shattered by the comet that came from the heavens, its molten core burst upon on the lands and twisted the planet into a place of soot and darkness.

With the power of the VineKings, I must rebuild our kingdom. I will set forth against this unknown darkness and prevail over whatever forces may oppose me. I will regrow all the lands, and they will give birth to a new generation of Vinelings and eventually a new VineKing to take my place. I will reclaim our planet!

I am the last VineKing. My journey begins here.

~the last VineKing

Pixel Vandals's comments:
DRAW! TAP! GATHER!
The VineKing is a great multitasker! Are you?

VineKing Lite is now available on the App Store!
Download VineKing Lite for FREE!

06-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Active Promotions - Update #1 Free Promo Codes

Update #1 Promo

This Promo Ends 03/27/2012 at 10:00 PST (GMT-8)

Post some thoughts on VineKing. (You can Download the lite version for free.)

When this contest ends. We will be giving away several promo codes randomly to the people who post!

You do not have to play the Lite version to be eligible for a promo code!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OLD-Promo#4 -Coins- Complete - 07/01/11 - The five winners have received Promo codes.

Congratulations to pixlepix, Appletini, speed4mee, foxmulderino, and medianotzu!

After beating a level in VineKing you are awarded with coins to upgrade your skills in the Shop. How many coins does it take to max out all 18 levels of upgrades in VineKing?

The first 5 people who guess the amount within 100 coins will get a PROMO CODE!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OLD-Promo#3 -Lavs Pits- Complete - 06/16/11 - The three winners have received Promo codes

Congratulations to Sxethang, CygnetSeven, and strivemind!

Another type of obstacle that you will encounter is the Lava Pit. If your vine passes over a Lava Pit, the VineKing will take some damage! Avoid Lava Pits at all costs!

How many Lava Pits appear appear in a single playthrough of VineKing? The first three people that can guess this number +/- 10, will receive a Promo code!

Good luck!

HINT: Lava pits appear in 27 levels in VineKing. The lowest amount of Lava Pits in a level is 1. The highest amount of Lava Pits that appear is 9.

OLD-Promo#2 -Lava Crystal- Complete - 06/15/11 - The three winners have received Promo codes

Congratulations to Aenigma, MidianGTX and rann!

In addition to breaking Lava Rock, there are other obstacles that you will encounter in VineKing.

One of the early obstacles is called the Lava Crystal. You have to smash the Lava Crystals first with your line before you can break the Lava Rock below. The thing is, Lava Crystals never drop seeds to refill your green meter!

Guess how many Lava Crystals are in the 30+ levels and the first three people to be within +/- 5 of this number will get a promo code!

Good luck!

Hint: Lava Crystals start to appear in world 3 and each level will have progressively more and more crystals!

NOTE: If you happened to win a promo code already your will not be eligible for another one! (sorry!) We are trying to spread the love around as much as possible!

OLD-Promo#1 -Lava Rock- Complete 06/10/11 - The three winners have received Promo codes

Congratulations to caltab, Raro and aidan_ree!

One of the major pillars of gameplay in VineKing is drawing a line to break Lava Rock so life can regrow. Guess how many Lava Rocks you have to break in the 30+ levels, and we will send a promo code to the first three people who are within +/- 100 of this number!

Good Luck!

Hint#1:The screen shots can give you a good idea of some of the level sizes!

Hint#2:The little gray squares that make up the islands are the Lava Rocks!
When you draw a line through the Lava Rocks, they get smashed away and grass will grow in their place!

Last edited by Pixel Vandals; 03-27-2012 at 12:28 PM.

06-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Looks nice!
My guess is... 350?

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs
06-09-2011, 11:36 PM
I'll just guess 200 even
06-09-2011, 11:40 PM
402. game looks interesting.
06-09-2011, 11:42 PM
each level has aprox 70 Lava Rocks, maybe there are 35 levels so I guess total 3500 Lava Rocks in 35 levels!

Last edited by rann; 06-10-2011 at 12:00 AM.
06-09-2011, 11:45 PM
I think it's 400
06-09-2011, 11:46 PM

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
06-09-2011, 11:49 PM
More Hints!

The little gray squares that make up the islands are the Lava Rocks!

When you draw a line through the Lava Rocks, they get smashed away and grass will grow in their place!

Last edited by Pixel Vandals; 06-09-2011 at 11:51 PM.
06-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Vandals View Post
The little gray squares that make up the islands are the Lava Rocks!

Changed my answer!