★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iTrade announced

04-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Send a message via AIM to jaisor Send a message via Yahoo to jaisor Send a message via Skype™ to jaisor
iTrade announced

Hey all I want to officially announce the upcoming addition to fantasy stock trading - iTrade.

Here are the highlights:
  • App price: Originally free, then depends on usage we might have to bump it up to cover the server and data costs
  • Starting amount: $100,000.00 virtual money
  • Stocks available: almost all stocks from the Russell 1000 list
  • Transaction fee: $10 virtual money
  • Transaction limit: 50 transactions/day

You trade only when the NYSE is open, you see delayed quotes from the app but the transactions are placed with live quotes at the time of submission.

You compete with other players, and your screenname is displayed on the scoreboard with your previous transactions.

Every month the game resets, selling all user stocks, electing monthly winners and resetting the portfolio amount to a fresh $100,000.00 virtual money. However the server keeps track of your monthly gains (losses) and averages them in the overall score boards.

Here are a few screenshots.
We have a few beta spots open so if you want to experience the game early send me your UUID in a private message and I'll hook you up with a binary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iTrade.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	2926  

Last edited by jaisor; 04-16-2009 at 04:28 PM.
04-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Well I sent my UDID# to you. I've been wanting to try one of these games except the last one I tried was really, really bad. This one seems to have a cool-looking interface and some colorful graphics. For free, I think this app will hit the Top 100 Charts in no time

04-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Send a message via AIM to jaisor Send a message via Yahoo to jaisor Send a message via Skype™ to jaisor
Done, let me know if you have issues with it or what you think. The NYSE market is closed right now so all your transactions will have status pending till tomorrow morning when the market opens and the server submits them.
04-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisor View Post
Done, let me know if you have issues with it or what you think. The NYSE market is closed right now so all your transactions will have status pending till tomorrow morning when the market opens and the server submits them.
I would like to be in the beta, I'll send you my uuid! Thanks!
04-16-2009, 05:26 PM
I sent my UDID as well
04-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Done binary sent, let me know what you all think. If I keep getting too many more of these, I'll start updating the profile like once every 2-3 hours, its a bit of work to do it for each device. So for the next few - might take a few hours, sorry for the delay.
04-16-2009, 06:06 PM
pm sent

i tried stockplay, which is expensive and total rubbish, i suspect from your screen shots you are a lot more finished than they are - every second screen says coming next version

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
04-16-2009, 06:09 PM
pm sent.

what.
04-16-2009, 06:10 PM
hmmmmm, hopefully it will be better than the real life stock market >:l

Plus+, Openfeint, and Gameloft Live Username: Vester
Add me on GameCenter: Sock Merchant
2/6/11 the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XLV

Last edited by Vester; 04-16-2009 at 06:14 PM.
04-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vester View Post
hmmmmm, hopefully it will be better than the real life stock market >:l
Heh no problem, UUID is a unique identifier for each iPhone / iPod touch device. Developers are able to send beta's with Apple's Ad-Hoc distribution mechanism but the provisioning for that mechanism required the UUID for each device the beta will run on - kind of a protective mechanism so the compiled binary will not run on any unintended devices.

More information is available on the web, but here are some links:
http://getsatisfaction.com/socialbom...r_beta_testing
http://www.lexcycle.com/finding-your-uuid