★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: My Bunny Money Review

04-16-2009, 04:36 PM
My Bunny Money Review

My Bunny Money Review

Before I start my review I just want to take this time to thank electronicpakrat for the Promo Code for this App.....THANK YOU! I am writing this as unbiased as possible.

Being a parent of a 17-month old boy I am always looking for Apps to keep him busy and I also remember the lengthy post in which we discused our personal favorite games for our young children.

Now, let's get down to the nitty gritty. Bunny Money has Mathmatical Educational activities for our young ones to enjoy. Here they are with a brief description:
* Counting - This game is pretty simple and easy for kids to practice counting their numbers from 1-10 with images of butterflies for them to count. As the child swipes the screen to go to the next number a voice reads the number outloud. I personally found the voice to resemble a Munchkin from the Wizard of Oz but my son loved it because he was giggling happily trying to repeat the numbers so that made me very happy since he was interacting with it while learning his numbers and enjoying it at the same time.
* Egg Math is basically a calculator made for the younger crowd. It has a nice Easter theme to it which my son seems to like looking at while pressing away at the buttons since he is still way to young for this Math aspect. But, for those children that are old enough it is a nice way to introduce the mechanics of a calculator.
* Flower Stand is a bit more difficult than the previous 2 since it teaches the child the aspect of spending money. Your child starts off with $0 but he/she just has to tap the 3 colored eggs and the money goes to his/her virtual money account. Once the child accumulates the proper funds then your child can buy the flower/flowers of their choice.

FINAL IMPRESSION ( The Good, The Bad & The Fugly
- I personally like this App, it is hard to find a good Educational iPhone App for our young ones but this one fits the bill. It is engaging for the children and definitely teaches them valuable math skills. It has a nice colorful Easter theme but what happens when Halloween or Christmas comes? Won't it be out of season? Haha but it is still cool since Easter just passed this past Sunday My only wish was that there were a couple of more games for the child to play but that's can be easily fixed with an update

But all in all, this game is pretty cool for any of you with young children. it will keep them out of your hair for a bit as well as teach them at the same time..............which is priceless Well, that's it for now fellow TA users. I hope this review helped some of you.

LINK
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=309493256&mt=8

Touch K.O. Knockout Kid
04-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Long review, I skipped most of it but that's ok. Nice job.
04-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks, I tried to keep it as short as possible but I guess I failed haha

Touch K.O. Knockout Kid
04-16-2009, 05:46 PM
The time and energy you put into this review makes it evident that you really did enjoy the game. Thanks for posting it.

FYI, Bunny Money was submitted to Apple on March 21st but still managed to miss Easter by two days. I'm happy though since it got approved while it was still springtime! That's a definite bonus IMO!
04-16-2009, 05:58 PM
It's the least I could do since you hooked me up with a P.C. so I took my time to check out every feature and offer my honest feedback and my son was the true tester so I'll tell him you said thanks

Touch K.O. Knockout Kid
04-17-2009, 07:40 PM
When you tell him I said "Thanks", ask him if he has any requests too.

I've got plans to get an update in the store soon. Since I'm presently unaware of any technical issues, I will be able to focus on adding substantial value instead.