★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The humanity had fallen. In the great robot uprising machines took the planet over. Empire of Machine is the new world order. It's time to take it back! One node at a time.

Rip through your enemies with lasers, electrocute them or fry them with microwaves. Deploy your own robots to fight for you or steal them from your enemy. Protect and upgrade your forces or throw them away in a ruthless wave of destruction.

Get experience from every battle, level up, gain power and crush the Empire of Machine!

Check out the Strategy Guide for additional tips and tricks:
http://blog.hexage.net/2011/05/27/strategy-guide-to-robotek/

IN-APP PURCHASES

Robotek is free to play supported only by optional in-app purchases. You can finish the entire game without re-charging your energy. Play it safe: Learn all of the symbols in tutorial. Do not challenge nodes tougher than you. Master the gameplay, level up and go against weaker nodes first! You can always reset the campaign in Options and start from scratch.

However with any in-app purchase you get:
Power & Coins
gain access to RECHARGE NODE
better Power gains for every victory
unlock the DUEL mode to play with friends

FEATURES

Unique blend of strategy, action and RPG.
More than 200 levels spread all around the world.
Rewarding skill system with more than 30 levels.
9 upgradable slot symbols to fit your own style of play.
4 special abilities including the devastating Nuke.
Play thrilling hotseat duels with your friends!
Online hall of fame - Your scores can only grow.
Signature soundtrack by kubatko (www.kubatko.info)

SPECIAL THANKS

James Nichols, Chris Dawson

SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK

Please contact support@hexage.net with any inquiry or feedback.

Follow @hexage on Twitter for the latest development updates, news, events, tips:

http://twitter.com/hexage

ojtitus's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up
06-09-2011, 11:39 PM
As usual, Hexage hits another home run! This game is awesome!

06-10-2011, 12:54 AM
I have been playing this for the last 3 hours and can't stop. I don't know about long term addictiveness, but this is an incredibly unique, fun as heck game that you need to go download right this moment.
06-10-2011, 01:08 AM
Has anyone tried the IAP, I was going to buy something so that I could get the duel mode but it wouldn't let me.
06-10-2011, 02:05 AM
God, but I hate this trend. I don't mind unlocking content with IAP, but the shift toward: "you can play for free but if you don't want to be frustrated out of your mind, you'll need to buy coins" is a complete turn-off.

If I wanted to be buried in freemium krapware (even wrapped inside solid games) I'd buy an Android.
06-10-2011, 02:15 AM
i loved the tutorial liked the art style alot~
06-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Tried it, it was ok. A little slow perhaps. Needs multiplayer. Possibly would've bought a full version if there was one, but I am not having any of this being coaxed into paying BS. Honest price for an honest game please. Deleted.
06-10-2011, 07:15 AM
So...the IAPs are consumable?

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
06-10-2011, 08:39 AM
What are you talking about? Now that android has this functionality, they are building apps that way too. This game is exactly the same for android. I have it for my Transformer, and it has the same in-app purchases. These in-app purchases are not necessary at all to enjoy the game. You do get a Duel ability unlocked if you actually pay the developer for their work, and they give you a recharge station. I tend to hate freemium games as well, but this one really isn't positioned in such a way to "just merely make my crops grow faster."

IAP is here to stay. Used responsibly, it can allow you to get into something cheaply and buy what you need. I have Navigon Regions and didn't bother paying for maps of the entire US because I didn't need them. That is a great use. Creating a frustrating game that forces me to buy IAP is a bad use of that power.

This game is NOT really a freemium game. I do however prefer it on my android tablet given the wider screen. It get's the robots a little farther away from each other.

The IAP are consumable, but they also expose certain functionality that never goes away. Anyone who looks at a game and deletes it just because it allows you to buy something in it is just silly. I guess they could have a version of the game that you buy that just comes with some extra stuff that the IAP has and charge you the same as the IAP for it. They could also have a version that has no IAP in it at all and just forces you to start your quest all over again if you run out of power. Developers need to get paid. This is not a pointless farming game with IAP that just allows you to harvest a year of crops in 30 seconds.

This IAP is not about helping you do something faster necessarily. You can always reset the campaign and start over to the 100 power points you start off with. If you are good at the game, you own't need to pay a thing (you will want to though). Because the IAP gives you more than just consumables, it is worth it. The power points are there to bring some challenge to the game. When you run out, you can start over, or you can do like you would in the arcade and "pony up another quarter" to continue. If you've ever played poker you will understand that there is a difference between playing with chips that have real money behind them and playing with chips with no money
behind them.

Sorry for the long post/rant, but this game is actually really good and visually stunning. Don't put it in the same bag as a freemium title because it just isn't in that league at all. So happy that they brought it out for android and iOS. Kudos to the developers for bringing something unique to the portable gaming marketplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
God, but I hate this trend. I don't mind unlocking content with IAP, but the shift toward: "you can play for free but if you don't want to be frustrated out of your mind, you'll need to buy coins" is a complete turn-off.

If I wanted to be buried in freemium krapware (even wrapped inside solid games) I'd buy an Android.
06-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Ubisububi, who said anything about being frustrated out of my mind. Like I said, I played for a long time without buying anything. It's optional. I have not come close to needing it.

I don't think this is one of those games where you'll never be able to make any reasonable progress without it. Frankly, I think it's a crime that they are giving away something that is this unique, fun, and slickly produced. But I understand they are just trying to make a living.

Heck I was enjoying this so much, I was tempted to buy something i wanted to pay them for the game. What I'll probably do instead is try and find one of their other games to buy, but when I looked on the store yesterday, none of them had as much instant appeal.