★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ball slam Fantasy (another Brick Breaker) $2.99

04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Ball slam Fantasy (another Brick Breaker) $2.99

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306586656&mt=8

This is a new brick breaker game from Typhon mobile

Ball Slam Fantasy, an arcade game based on classic 80s Brick Breaker titles, taking the genre one step further. Ball Slam Fantasy tells the story of a magical ball that is trapped inside a galaxy comprised of five different spellbound fantasy worlds!

Equipped with a blockbusting ball and pad to begin with, your aim is to tour the five worlds and destroy the bricks that form elaborate structures on each screen.

Collect all the power−up bonuses along the way. As your skills get better and better, your scores will improve, instantly unlocking new, hi-tech pads. Each pad has a multitude of power-ups as well as their own unique attributes.

There are 75 different levels to complete before completing the game in Adventure Mode. Once Adventure Mode has been completed, two new game modes, Quick Play and Count Down modes become available.

- 5 different pads available with their own unique features

- An array of special power ups

- Dazzling brick animated formations

- 5 fantastical animated worlds to play

- 4 Game different game modes

- A fully featured sound track.

- Uses the Accelerometer

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
04-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Accelerometer conrols? Ehhh...pass. 3D Brick Breaker Revolution offers so much more for the same price as this one. Looks interesting though, never seen a brick breaker with chickens and street lights

04-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm not a brick breaker fan, but the screenshots look really nice. Now? I want to see this in motion before I pull the trigger.
04-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Doesn't seem to be alot of discussion on this one. The screens look like this is pretty unique. Has anyone actually played it yet?
04-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Wow - undiscovered & awsome

Man - lots of talk here - it's my third post in a row on this thread, BUT - good news : I decided to pick this one up, AND it is SUPER.

Yes - Accelerometer controls, but also touch option w/ a nice area to slide your thumb or finger that doesn't hide your view.

This game is played VERTICALLY which really works well for all of the action.

I am not generally a Brick Breaker Fan, but this one is loads of fun. This thing just oozes character in the way the board animates. Individual bricks actually animate, too, and their expresions will change as they are about to be destroyed.

The game offers a nice range of power-ups, including : Multi-Ball, Shield, Cannon, paddle stretch.

Power-downs are also present and try to give you grief if accidentally collected.

Nice Music, Nice Sound, Tons of Character, dare I say it, "The Peggle of Brick Breakers!!" I don't generally go for BB games, but this one has won me over - give it a try. Worth the $2.99!!!
04-21-2009, 11:22 AM
It is almost worth the price just for the name.

(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by theone1007 View Post
Accelerometer conrols? Ehhh...pass. 3D Brick Breaker Revolution offers so much more for the same price as this one. Looks interesting though, never seen a brick breaker with chickens and street lights
Haha me either!
04-21-2009, 11:56 AM
I have this as well, and I will post thoughts later. One thing that hasn't been talked about is the use of unlockables in the game (different pads...as an example).

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen
04-26-2009, 02:05 AM
05-02-2009, 01:59 AM
Ball Slam Fantasy - $2.99

thank god i bought magic ball 2 instead of this (was choosing between the two). i just saved $2!

link to game
link to forum thread