★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Zombies HD by Rocking Pocket Games

06-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Zombies HD by Rocking Pocket Games

Zombies The Last Stand has been ported to iPad/iPad 2 and renamed to simply Zombies HD.

Some features:
- Upgradeable weapons
- 3 scenes with 25 waves each
- Realtime full scene shadow mapping
- Dynamic lights
- Parallax mapping (displacement mapping per pixel)
- Progressively harder levels with different kinds of zombies, including jumpers, tanks, poppers, pigmy, and ghost zombies

Here are large versions of the screenshots.

I've also released a technical demo video showing the game on iPad 1 and iPad 2. It was really made to push the limits of the iPad 2!

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
06-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Any reviews for this? or impressions?

I have only read negative comments. It looks good and really want to know what it is like.

06-10-2011, 12:06 PM
You can try the non-hd iPhone version out for free.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
09-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Zombies HD is now free for a limited time (about a week)!

09-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Zombies HD is now the #1 Adventure game for iPad! I'm just happy that people are getting to see the game. TA doesn't seem to cover any of my apps.

09-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
Zombies HD is now the #1 Adventure game for iPad! I'm just happy that people are getting to see the game. TA doesn't seem to cover any of my apps.
They need to cover this, if not for the game play then for the graphics and technical achievements.

This is an absolute gem and is never coming off my iPad 2.

Last edited by Barcā; 09-13-2011 at 12:06 PM.
09-13-2011, 12:07 PM
I did however find a bug. When I have my gun fully loaded I can still reload the gun, and the ammo count drops by 6 each time. But those 6 rounds are just getting thrown away, and not being loaded into the gun.
09-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
i found a little weird on the dynamic shadow effect, it looks like the shadow floating behind the object instead of showing on the ground. i mean a shadow supposed to appear on the ground ,right?
It has to do with the direction the flashlight is aiming. It's usually parallel to the ground which won't reflect any light. If you look down you'll light up the ground more and see shadows on the ground from the flashlight.

Last edited by RPGGuy; 09-13-2011 at 03:50 PM.
09-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Looking Nice
09-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Version 1.2 is out with these improvements:

- Increased responsiveness of controls
- Decreased virtual joystick size, now compatible with Fling
- Made virtual joystick autocenter when not being held
- Reduced chances of running out of memory while loading level
- Added Bank feature: In-App purchase of cash for faster level progression
- Updated hud graphics
- New zombie textures
- Changed to more natural lighting
- Changed angle of flashlight
- Darker blood
- Fixed bug when rotating camera very fast
- Reload saves ammo in clip
- Made poppers and crawlers easier to hit
- Fixed upgrade red plus button highlight